SERIOUS BLACK: Mirrorworld

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
Alerted to from the ProgPower USA Facebook page...

"The new disc will be released at the festival!"

Serious Black - Official to release sophomore album "Mirrorworld" out on September 9th via AFM Records!

The year 2015 started more than promising for fans of high class melodic metal: SERIOUS BLACK, a so-called “allstar band” appeared on the scene and dropped their highly acclaimed debut album ‘As Daylight Breaks’. Much to the surprise of many, the band indeed proved to be a real band and they kept their promise of rocking the stages wherever possible. So during only a year they not only successfully released a fantastic debut album, but also went on extensive European tours with HammerFall and later Gamma Ray. In addition, SERIOUS BLACK was chosen to be special guest on Kamelot’s German Summer shows and also played numerous festivals in Europe. Being that active in the past 18 months, it’s surprising to see the band announcing a brand new studio album already. You’ll be even more surprise when “Mirrorworld” sees its release: SERIOUS BLACK have managed to excel their excellent debut! Prepare for something special: the “Mirrorworld” opens on September 9th…

"Mirrorworld" will be available as CD, Digipak (7 bonus tracks), ltd. Vinyl, ltd. Vinyl bundle ("Mirrorworld" + "As Daylight Breaks") & ltd. box set.

Pre-order here: http://shop.afm-records.de/en/serious-black-en

SE_MW-C_WEBSHOP-250x250.jpg

Reactions: Monsterman
debut album was fantastic, looking forward to this. Plus, any album with Urban Breed's vocals is GOLD!

One must remember, Roland Grapow will have nothing to do with this one. So be wary. I believe he was the main reason behind the success of the debut. He's one of the best songwriters on the scene currently. Without him, we'll have to see.

One must remember, Roland Grapow will have nothing to do with this one. So be wary. I believe he was the main reason behind the success of the debut. He's one of the best songwriters on the scene currently. Without him, we'll have to see.

The new guitarist rocks as well. NO OFFENSE at all to Roland, but I don't think they will miss a beat.

Bryant

Sounds alright. But I'm still skeptical as I believe Roland Grapow possibly left because he was using all his good material for the debut when he should be using it for Masterplan. Just a theory. I'm sure it'll be great, but the selling point for me was Grapow so without him it has to be really good. And he's an amazing writer of this type of power metal.

I might have to skip out on this band. The band isn't bad, but the singer is absolutely terrible. Ha ha ha !! Right !! It will be great to see Urban back on stage. He might be the best singer in metal in my ears. No pressure Urban !! You are a staple every year at PPUSA. This time you get to be on stage again.

Reactions: Kez
I don't see what is so amazing about Urban Breed. He's good, but I'm surprised at how passionately loved he is.

But I do like his voice, and I wonder if at any point Roland tried to get him as Jorn's replacement in Masterplan. I like him a lot more then Rick Altzi.