Serious question: choose the more talented band - WINGER or MAIDEN

SoundMaster

Jan 20, 2002
"the flower & willow world"
Visit site
Ok fellow rockers....

Let's be 100% honest and accurate in answering this. Sure, Maiden is a great band, but can it honestly be stated that they're in the same league as Winger?
Think long and hard on this one, folks.

Sure, "Caught Somewhere in Time" and "Aces High" are great tunes, but are they up to par with "Hungry" and "Headed for a Heartbreak"?

Serious discussion only, please.

:headbang: W I N G E R ! :headbang:

SoundMaster said:
Ok fellow rockers....

Let's be 100% honest and accurate in answering this. Sure, Maiden is a great band, but can it honestly be stated that they're in the same league as Winger?
Think long and hard on this one, folks.

Sure, "Caught Somewhere in Time" and "Aces High" are great tunes, but are they up to par with "Hungry" and "Headed for a Heartbreak"?

Serious discussion only, please.

:headbang: W I N G E R ! :headbang:

Dude, come on.
Talk about apples and oranges.
I personally can't stand Winger, but that's really beside the point.

bullshit.jpg

Hahaha! Musical genious? Seventeen? Heading For A Heartbreak? Compared to
The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Revelation, 22 Acacia Avenue sorry dude there is
no comparison between Winger and the mighty Iron Maiden! :headbang:

KMADD said:
Winger are about as gay as Culture Club!

Is that even POSSIBLE???? :tickled:

This is so obviously a joke thread or devised to piss as many people off as possible... either way, it's lame.

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Musically, Maiden wins BY FAR. As far as actual talent in their respective instruments, Winger does actually give Maiden some serious compitition, and might actually be better IMO.

I really hate it how people just dismiss hair metal musicians as no talent shitheads just because they were in hair bands. Some seriously talented guys came out of that scene. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't care much for hair metal.

Wicked Child said:
Musically, Maiden wins BY FAR.

I really hate it how people just dismiss hair metal musicians as no talent shitheads just because they were in hair bands. Some seriously talented guys came out of that scene. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't care much for hair metal.

Thank you, Wicked Child.

The thread was posted for exactly this reason. Of course, Maiden is the better band. I love them to death...my all time fav just after Led Zep. With that said, I DO like Winger's first record. The reason for my recent Winger threads is that, yes, I DO feel that many of the hair bands had something, musically, to offer. Winger is at the top of that heap. No, they're not "musical gods", but they're NO WHERE near as putrid as many here would claim they are. And I specifally used Winger as they have become the "poster boy" for all that WAS wrong with the "hair genre". Winger is a good band.

That's all, folks!