SEVENDUST Singer Talks To MIDWEST MUSIC SCENE (Video)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Midwest Music Scene conducted an interview with SEVENDUST singer Lajon Witherspoon at the Tulsa State Fair on September 28 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. You can now watch the chat below.Witherspoon told Alternative Addiction in an interview that he plans to start work on a solo project after the band completes the touring and promotion cycle for its recently released album, "Black Out The Sun". Witherspoon revealed, "Once this album has taken its course and SEVENDUST slows down again, I'll start working on my solo stuff. I feel that life and music is like a chess game, and so I'm waiting to make my next move." Asked what his solo material will sound like, Witherspoon replied, "When I sing and people hear my voice, I have to believe they'll compare it to SEVENDUST, which I don't mind, because that's where my roots are. But I think my stuff will definitely have rock and a lot more soul. SEVENDUST has a groove, but I think I'll be a little bit different."The four other members of SEVENDUST all worked on new projects during the band's last extended break.Guitarist Clint Lowery and drummer Morgan Rose released a debut album called "Last Parade" from their band CALL ME NO ONE in June 2012, while guitarist John Connolly and bassist Vince Hornsby also launched a new act called PROJECTED that issued a first effort titled "Human" in September 2012.SEVENDUST's ninth studio set, "Black Out The Sun", came out on March 26 and follows up 2010's "Cold Day Memory".

More...