SEVENDUST's LAJON WITHERSPOON Says He's 'Six Or Seven Songs Deep' Into First Solo Album

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
SEVENDUST frontman Lajon Witherspoon has confirmed he's "six or seven songs deep" into his first solo album and is collaborating with multi-instrumentalist Daniel "Sahaj" Ticotin, who recently contributed to MÖTLEY CRÜE's "The Dirt" soundtrack. Witherspoon released the standalone single "Love Song" in 2017. "I'm doing some music," Witherspoon told Bladerunner Radio and KMMY FM at this year's installment of Rocklahoma (video below). "I look forward to getting it out there for everyone to hear. It's definitely [an] avenue, a street or two away from SEVENDUST, but still cool. "I'm still writing songs," he added. "Probably about six or seven songs deep. Just taking my time. I'm not in a hurry about it at all. It's exciting." SEVENDUST and SKILLET will embark on the co-headline "Victorious War" tour in August and September. POP EVIL will support, while DEVOUR THE DAY will open the shows. The tour kicks off on August 11 in Memphis. Witherspoon recently told Australia's Loud that the band has begun collecting ideas for the follow-up to last year's "All I See Is War" album. "All I See Is War" was released in May 2018. It marked the group's first album for Rise Records, the Oregon-based metal and hard rock label which was purchased by BMG in 2015.

Continue reading...