Shadowmind - Infected (metalcore)

ToreFagerheim

Aug 28, 2011
Hello everyone!

My name is Tore Fagerheim, and this is my very first post here. I play in a band called Shadowmind, and we play some Norwegian metalcore. We recently released a new single called "Infected".

Click the image or this link to listen: http://shadowmind.bandcamp.com

What does everyone think about the mix? We have done everything ourselves. Guitars are Axe-FX Standard, drums are S2.0 with a custom kick sample via apTrigga. Everything is mixed and mastered in Reaper.

Yeah, all of a sudden it's working for me, guess my comp was being stupid. Can't really find anything that sounds out of place. Got a good solid mix on here. I'm kind of an amateur so I don't know all the things to listen for. That being said it's a nice little slice of ear candy.

Nice song! I think the snare gets lost in parts of the song and I'm not fond of the cymbals, especially the hi hat. It's a pretty solid mix though.

Thanks! I totally agree with you on the snare and the cymbals. I did a lot of tweaking, and the result I have now is the best compromise I could come up with. I will take notes from all the feedback and put new knowledge to use on future song releases!