Shadows Fall: Yay or Nay

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
I think this band has been on the receving end of some unfair criticism. I really don't know if I am a fan or not. The first 2 albums were good, but The Art of Balance was a dissapointment. But, from what I've heard off the new album, it dosen't sound too bad. They always choose the shittest song on the album as the single. Another thing, I don't think their mallcore, like a lot of people have called them.

Shadows Fall: yay or nay?

I don't think people should be baggin on them so much, as they truly do NOT suck. However, I think they are nothing more than a decent band. Worthy enough of my $7.99 at Best Buy :)

EDIT: I mean yay.

If they stopped playing, withdrew all their albums from stores and took up careers in the plumbing industry, they'd be cool in my book

I think Of One Blood is pretty good. It was really fresh sounding when it came out and there weren't 400 bands around that sounded just like them. I remember hearing it when it first came out and the vocals really reminded me alot of Belladonna's. I played it daily for about a month. It has a few memorable tracks but not much of it sticks with you for very long. I haven't really gotten around to checking out their last few albums.

Previously "Yay"... but now they are a big "Nay". I like the first 3 shadows fall albums... nothing too amazing, but they were decent. I downloaded the new album a while ago... its pure garbage, horrible... horrible album. What sucks is, now that they have started to suck they are getting all these great reviews, and critics are calling them "the next metallica". if they are gonna be the next metallica they already have the sucking part down.

seriously tho... if there is any new american metal band that could become the next metallica it would be "Beyond The Embrace".