Shawn Lane 1963-2003

Yngvai X

Dark Emperor
Jul 18, 2002
Woodland Park, NJ
www.myspace.com
www.noproblemhere.com

Shawn Lane has passed away today at the age of 40. I'm not sure how many of you were aware that recently he was hospitalized due to problems with his lungs. He had his lungs operated on and would have had to need medical oxygen every day for the rest of his life. He is one of my greatest inspirations as a guitarist and I regret that I never had the chance to see him live. This is a very sad day...

I heard about hti earlier today on the JP board, and was utterly shocked...one of the worlds best guitarist dying so young, Rest in Heaven (if there is one) Shawn - you deserve it

This is truly a sad day, he was one of the greatest both technically, and melodically.
His music is absolutely fantastic and will (hopefully) always be remembered, i can`t believe there isn`t gonna be anymore Shawn/Bret duels. I`m shocked that he was so young when this happened, may he rest in peace. Does Michael Romeo know? He must be really sad too as the rest of us, i know he was a big fan of his work.

The funeral arrangements for Shawn Lane are as follows:
There will be a Wake/Viewing Service
on Tuesday, September 30
from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m
and a funeral service
at 2:00 p.m on Wednesday, October 1.
The services will be held at:
Memorial Park Funeral Home
5668 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119
(901) 767-8930
Please feel free to pass this information on to any forum/newsgroup,
website, news publication, etc...
The family would like for me to thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and encouraging emails.
Mick Trammel