Shining interview

lawl Kvarforth is such a fucking 12 years old, what a godamn tool, fuck him, seriously...straight from the heart.

Shining's first albums are atmospheric, hypnotic Black Metal. But Shining IV and the new one are their biggest achievements, the band is getting more and more progressive with each release, showing diverse influences from blues to folk. Great music, very sinister and bleak.

I like the new one...but don't pay too much attention to the lyrics like I do Porcupine tree...i feel like the shining dude is the star of fear of a blank planet cd

their stupid image, and views and suicidal bs keeps me from really liking this band.

They write some really decent black metal tunes though. its a shame.

^Yeah, their stupidity goes far beyond the typical ''kvlt'' image. I usually don't care about how musicians behave as long as the music is decent, but Kvarforth and co. pretty much cross the line.

who cares? it really comes off as a gimmick. just don't read the interviews (i personally didn't.) fenriz gave hilarious interviews in the past as well. does that take anything from transylvanian hunger? not for me.

the bottom line is halmstad is definitely one of the best albums that has come out black metal circles.

The thing that makes Shining stick out is that their music actually is very very good compared to a dozen other so called "true" black metal bands that stick with the "we want to record our meaningless shitmusic in the basement with the shittiest production available" becasue we are a true black metal band.