Shining, Meeting Niklas?

Bleak Eyes

Irrelevant
Jun 16, 2003
Maryland
Visit site
Has anyone ever met Niklas from Shining? When I went to Sweden for the Melloboat cruise, Hobo and I were briefly talking about them and he told me that Unicorn did a show with Shining once and Niklas was a nice guy. I have seen a couple of interviews and he comes of as ridiculously comical to me. I was just wondering if anyone has had any interaction with him.

Has anyone ever met Niklas from Shining? When I went to Sweden for the Melloboat cruise, Hobo and I were briefly talking about them and he told me that Unicorn did a show with Shining once and Niklas was a nice guy. I have seen a couple of interviews and he comes of as ridiculously comical to me. I was just wondering if anyone has had any interaction with him.

I have never met him. But I know a girl who was a close friend of him (before his "suicide"). And she says he's really nice. The way he is on stage and in interviews is a part of the image (although not fully I think).

That's what I've heard, can't tell you more than that.:cool:

A friend of mine knows him and he says he's an ordinary guy working at a factory, married and taking his kids to legoland. however he thinks he's a bit screwed up..

A good friend of mine from Hawaii met him at Hellfest in France I think it was and reported the same thing that others have said here; very nice and friendly chap. He kept referring to her as "beautiful Hawaiian angel" and insiting that she was going to be his forever or something along those lines. Very smooth.

I met Niklas since my band shared the stage with Shining. It took place in my hometown, and he was desperately looking for the Shining II album, since they use its intro live. They lost their own copy. He asked me if I could get it at my home for him, and I must say he was extremely friendly and appreciating.
His media and stage act is just an act like any other.

A nice bonus is that they've used my guitar amp as well :cool:

It takes a big douche to act the way he does but yeah maybe he isn't such a bad person. He is more like an attention whore or something...who knows.

I met Niklas since my band shared the stage with Shining. It took place in my hometown, and he was desperately looking for the Shining II album, since they use its intro live. They lost their own copy. He asked me if I could get it at my home for him, and I must say he was extremely friendly and appreciating.
His media and stage act is just an act like any other.

A nice bonus is that they've used my guitar amp as well :cool:

I guess i mixed you and Marcus/Unicorn up then :cool:.
I knew there had been someone here who played with him.

Niklas...he's an experience alright. A lot of people don't like the guy, but I think he's pretty cool. never had a problem.