Shoppping on the West Coast

Razorjack

Bass Behemoth
Jun 13, 2004
Manchester, UK
www.pythiamusic.com
So, I'm off to the west coast (San Francisco, L.A and Las Vegas) in a few weeks and I intend to pick up a few pieces of gear while I'm there.

Do any of you guys know of some good music shops in the places I'm visiting (apart from Guitar Center and Ed Roman)? Also, I've already got a BBE Sonic Maximizer on my shopping list and I'm looking for some more recommendations.

Ed Roman is just as much of a dick in person as he is online. Don't bother visiting him, unless you promise to shoot him while you're at it. Put everyone out of their misery.

props to Brooks for mentioning Tone Merchants,

Ed Yoon is really a super guy, and has a fantastic selection of insane boutique gear...some of the best names in the world including Vigier, Diezel, Engl, Suhr, Bogner, Tyler...you name it...

Tone merchants of course and every store on sunset. You got mesa boogie, carvin, mannys, sam ash outlets and the biggest guitar center known to man all within one block!

other than that i hate LA.

kick ass

Sam Ash in Canoga Park used to give me deals I couldn't pass on everytime I went in there. I would reccomend them.

In North Hollywood on Sunset BLVD, check out the block that has the Guitar Center, Sam Ash, Carvin, and Mesa Boogie stores all within 50ft of eachother. There are also some other good independant and pawn shops around that area, but that's generally a good starting place. Tonemerchants, as said before, is also very good. Revolutionguitar.com should have a shop in LA, and they provide THE best costumer service I've ever encountered.