Short notice alert! Dark Symphonies Presidents Day weekend sale

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
PDSbanner.jpg

• THAT'S RIGHT! IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN FOR US TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT! FOR THIS WEEKEND ONLY, DARK SYMPHONIES WILL BE HAVING A STOREWIDE SALE IN HONOR OF PRESIDENTS' DAY! FROM SATURDAY - 2/18/06 THROUGH MONDAY - 2/20/06, ALL CDS WILL BE ONLY $8 EACH OR 10 CDs FOR $75 (PENDING STOCK AVAILABILITY)! ALL MCDs WILL BE $5! SALE FOR ITEMS PURCHASED THIS WEEKEND ONLY! DISCOUNT WILL BE GIVEN WHEN ORDERS ARE PROCESSED! SALE BEGINS AT MIDNIGHT SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2006!
Not bad, they have a decent selection for $8 each for the next 24-36 hours or so. Orders under $50 get free Media Mail s/h, orders over $50 get free Priority Mail s/h.

They have the hard-to-locate new Obtest, btw. :headbang:

Great. These guys are very reliable too in case anyone is wondering, and the on-line ordering system works perfectly.

Time to go through their catalog...

GREAT VAST FOREST!!!

revgreatvastforest02.jpg

From musicextreme.com...

Here is this CD from this band whose style I would call war metal or battle metal (nothing to do with Bolt Thrower´s music). I expected some hyper fast black metal but instead I have found something new here. Here we have a music that is not straightforward black metal and not even death metal. Here we have guitar riffs that can be of both styles or maybe even of bands like old Venom (but with a guitar that sounds much more huge). Then comes the keyboards and the melodies: the keys are esential here doing a lot of the background (I would like them to be mixed a little bit higher) and the vocal melodies are specially interesting because they are not common on this style (in fact they make a great contrast with the more black metallish vocals). The fastest parts are devastating and extremely raw but the things that are fundamental for Great Vast Forest is the combination of this raw parts with the more epic ones. As I said in the Azaghal review the packaging here is of great quality. This is blasphemic music with an epic side!!

Anyone heard this for real?

MadeInNewJersey said:
Which 5 homie?

Nok Mort - Weltanschauung
Demoninmonde - the one that Ellestin recommended, although I missed all the samples...perhaps Ellestin can post one again (or can you)
Obtest - the latest one
LOITS -- not sure about this but I know it would do well in a future trade
Amber Asylum

I can't post the Demimonde, as it's only on my iPod now and I don't know how to "pull" off it back to the PC, sorry.

For $8, the NM you're grabbing is well worth-it. Obtest is a no-brainer. I don't know how much you'll like Loits, but that's cool you're gonna check it out. Don't know what Amber Asylum is.

Ali, if you feel like taking a chance, there's a band called Heulend Horn you may dig. Also, read the descriptions of the Long Voyage Back albums.

Yeah for $8 I'll take the Nok Mort, even though I've kept it on MP3 only because I already had ToV (that DVD package I showed you once with the german infantry guys). But it will complete the collection.

I've heard Loits samples and I'm not fully sold yet, but they do seem like the sort of band that would take several listens.

Amber Asylum are from the San Fran scene.

I'll look into the others, I'm sure there is a TON of stuff I'm missing (obscure shit that is probably worth its weight in gold).

a lot of old schoolers will love that obtest album. thrashy, gruff vocals, soaring melodes, catchy choruses, very much pagan heavy metal.

J. said:
a lot of old schoolers will love that obtest album. thrashy, gruff vocals, soaring melodes, catchy choruses, very much pagan heavy metal.

you had me going until you said "pagan"

well, it's more in lyrics, which you cannot understand. there are no traditional instruments (flutes, whistles, bagpipes), no keyboards, or long epic intros.

obtest is balls to the wall heavy metal. youd like it. nothing but fast rhythms, guitars and vocals straight outta the 80's.

but for the record, whats wrong with somethingof a "pagan" bent?