should bon jovi retire?

mdmatt4ever

Sep 27, 2006
a slight bit old school. maybe more hard rock then metal. anyways looks like richie sambora and jon bon jovi have had a fall out and sambora might be out of the band for good. sambora was probably tired of being in jon's shadow and being a bit restrained in bon jovi's current music. the band has been limping along awhile now. anyone else think they should just do a farewell tour and release an album of all the non album b-sides and import bonus tracks?

His latest album was horrible. He can tour forever and rest on his laurels, but if he doesn't write another S/T or Keep the Faith, count me out. This Disney rock if just awful.

these dayswas the last great album by them. crush, bounce and have a nice day were all good albums. lost highway should have been a jon bon jovi solo album and then i might rate it a little higher. the circle was horrid. the worst bon jovi release of new studio material. the newest album, what about now, has been the best thing the band released since have a nice day but still not that good. it amazes me how many import bonus tracks are better than what was released on the standard albums.

richie's most recent solo album was better than anything bon jovi has done since 1995. even jon's solo album destination anywhere is better than most of the recent bon jovi releases.

the newest album, what about now, has been the best thing the band released since have a nice day but still not that good.

At least The Circle had We Weren't Born to Follow, which was okay. The new album has nothing I like. There's no edge, it's like Taylor Swift with Jon singing on it.

Yeah, These Days was a fantastic record. If I'm reaching for a Bon Jovi album to listen to, it's S/T, KtF or TD.

I'll admit I liked the first few BJ albums to a certain extent way back when. Wasn't my favorite artist by any stretch... That run completely stopped at New Jersey. From what I've heard my wife play for me of the last two albums, I agree with pm74 here. We Weren't Born To Follow was a decent track, I guess, but the songs I heard on the new one were lifeless. It sounded like he tried to make a country music album - a very long, boring, 14 song, country music album.

I'll admit I liked the first few BJ albums to a certain extent way back when. Wasn't my favorite artist by any stretch... That run completely stopped at New Jersey. From what I've heard my wife play for me of the last two albums, I agree with pm74 here. We Weren't Born To Follow was a decent track, I guess, but the songs I heard on the new one were lifeless. It sounded like he tried to make a country music album - a very long, boring, 14 song, country music album.

are you sure you are not talking about Lost Highway? the country style album bon jovi released a few years ago

Positive. I've never heard that album. I didn't hear this last album all the way through. I couldn't take it. Very bland mellow rock? Maybe "country" was the wrong word?

Positive. I've never heard that album. I didn't hear this last album all the way through. I couldn't take it. Very bland mellow rock? Maybe "country" was the wrong word?

i just thought the new album was better than the circle. the circle starts sounding like really bad U2 copies on certain songs

IMO, no Sambora no Bon Jovi but I think it has nothing to do with most of the current BJ fans.

I saw them 3 months ago in Madrid and it´s fully a "one man band". I consider the rest of the band have 0 charisma on stage. They´re extremely boring. It´s just Jon, Jon and then, Jon.

Sambora adds a lot playing live. However, like it was said before, in studio their last good album was, for me, "These days".