Should I jump on this?

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
So just for the fuck of it I went ahead and looked for a job in recording and came up with this:

Coordinator for Youth Recording Studio Program

Southside Community Center, in Ithaca NY, is looking to hire a dynamic individual to be Coordinator of a youth and community focused recording studio program. This project was recently funded by the New York State Music Fund (which is administered by the Philanthropy Advisors Division of the Rockefeller Foundation), and will create a digital recording and music production program, to be run after school and during the summer, for youth at Southside Community Center. The goal of the program is to engage youth in highly motivating, culturally relevant learning activities that lead to digital music production and recording skills as well as constructive personal, social, artistic, academic, career, and communication skills. The project will include a mobile recording unit that can be taken to other settings for recording and instruction.

Job Description

Job Title: Unity Studio Program Coordinator
Reports To: SSCC Executive Director and Program Director
Primary Function: Running a digital recording and music production program for youth, ages 12-19
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and not-for-profit standards

Responsibilities:
• Coordinate all aspects of the program
• 25 – 30 hour per week commitment
• Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
• Serve as the main program instructor, teaching youth digital recording and music production skills
• Help make decisions about equipment purchases and help maintain equipment
• Help design curriculum for different classes in the program
• Assist in formulating program policies
• Conduct community outreach to enroll youth in the program and to build and maintain local support for the program
• Coordinate and schedule guest instructors
• Develop and maintain cooperative and productive relationships with program partners and the youth and families served
• Collect, manage, and report program information – create summary reports and make recommendations for program improvement
• Help carry out regular program evaluation
• Supervise and organize use of the studio/teaching facility to maximize its productive use
• Assist the Executive Director and others in identifying and pursuing additional sources of financial support for the program

Minimum Qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED
• Demonstrated skill and experience in the digital production and recording of music, including knowledge of appropriate hardware and software and, preferably, experience teaching these skills
• Demonstrated experience working with youth, preferably in a program setting
• Competency with the office use of computers for the purpose of managing and reporting program information

Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Technical knowledge related to running and teaching in a digital music production program, including knowledge of and experience with appropriate software (e.g., Pro Tools), recording techniques, songwriting, music production, performance, etc.
• Ability to lead and work effectively with youth and other constituents served by the Center.
• Ability to guide youth in developing a creative and constructive voice for addressing social issues they feel are important
• Ability to work and collaborate with Center staff
• Ability to create and maintain information and files about the program
• Ability to speak before groups on behalf of the program and its youth
• Ability to solve problems and handle emergencies calmly and professionally

To apply, please forward resumé and cover letter to:
Southside Community Center
Attn. Studio Program Search Committee
305 South Plain St.
Ithaca, NY 14850

For more information please call 607.273.4190
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.

Now things that worry me:

I don't know shit about Pro Tools. (I imagine this would be the DAW I would probably be forced into using).

No mention of pay is this common?

Min requirements are high school or GED (WTF)?

This job is an hour away.

Finding additional finacial support for a program? :erk: (this was especially hard for me to wrap my head around)

Things I know I could do without a problem:

Work with kids in this age range.
Drive an hour if the job was enjoyable.
Enjoy teaching kids this age what I love doing.

My thoughts are this org is looking for a rare person I feel strong in some aspects of what they are asking and super weak in others.

Your thoughts?

Sorry for the long ass post.