Shrinebuilder - Wino, Scott Kelly, & Om - Oh My!

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
in case you Wino fans haven't heard yet, the Hidden Hand have officially broken up. there's an official statement that Wino released that hints at a detereorated relationship between both him and bassist/singer Bruce. the Hidden Hand website is still up, but their myspace has been taken down. however, Wino states that he plans on moving forward with the upcoming Shrinebuilder project including Scott Kelly of Neurosis, and Al & Chris from Om and Sleep. this is probably one of the most anticipated supergroups of the year. I'm sure it will be massive.

..>..>

Scott Kelly released this info on the most recent KMBT show. This is pretty mindblowing news.

"This is one that surprised the fuck out of me. Never saw it comin in a million years, to be honest with you. But there has been alliance forged between Wino (Hidden Hand), Om -- Al & Chris, and myself. We are gonna do a band called "Shrinebuilder". Basically is gonna be a project, we're gonna do a record, we're gonna some gigs. But, uh, I'm kind of in shock, to be honest you. It wasn't my idea. Like I said, I never would've dreamed of it bein a possibility. When I was asked to be a part of it, of course I said 'yes'. We have yet establish a timeline for the way things are gonna go down. Hidden Hand has a new record now, Om is gonna recording in June, and a new Neurosis is comin out May. So we're all gonna be busy. But it's something we're gonna start formulating in our heads and beginning to write -- actually writing has already begun, I know it has, at least in my room. ... Again, nothing that I could have possibly forseen in my future and I'm a thankful guy today for a oppurtunity like that. So let it be known -- Shrinebuilder is a reality."

:eek:

Athena has nothing to do with this.

Hopefully..

athena.jpg

In a recent interview I seem to remember to OM guys saying several songs were already written. While it's true that supergroups don't always live up to expectation, I'm very excited to hear the result of this collaboration.

I predict that it will be slightly above average, but with really good production values, and overall a fun, if not amazing, album.

LOL OH I GET IT HE BUMPED AN OLD THREAD BECAUSE NO ONE EVER FOLLOWED UP ROFL HILARIOUS