SHY/Ex-TNT Singer TONY MILLS To Undergo More Cardiac Surgery

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
British vocalist Tony Mills (TNT, SHY) is preparing to undergo more cardiac surgery. He writes on his Facebook page: "I can't just carry on as I have been, so I'm signing off until further notice. "If there is more to say in the near future, I'm sure it will be posted by my family." Mills suffered a heart attack at Oslo airport in August 2010 on his way to a gig with the rest of TNT, but a quick response from the airport's paramedics saved the singer's life. The 51-year-old vocalist is putting the finishing touches on a new solo album, "Over My Dead Body", to be released next year. The follow-up to 2008's "Vital Designs" will feature guest appearances by a number of "well-known names in the rock business" and a will include the song "Northern Star", which was recently released as a digital single via iTunes. In a September 2013 interview with Full Throttle Rock, Mills stated about his August 2013 departure from TNT: "Maybe we did 500 shows or something like that, but not many out of Norway. It has been the most prolific live period in my career, and when I felt the stagnancy and the lack of desire to grow and develop any further, I knew my time was done with the band. "I don't think it's sensible to expect new art from the band after thirty years, just a lot of re-living the past and reconstructions of old albums and performances. "None of us are getting any younger, but I have a great desire to not stop creativity in my life. "I hate wasting days and singing songs from the past to satisfy old fans. Nostalgia wasn't doing it for me. "We were never close as friends or anything like that, so there is no great loss." Mills appeared on three studio albums with TNT: "The New Territory" (2007), "Atlantis" (2008) and "A Farewell To Arms" (2010).
tonymillshospital_638.jpg

More...