Sick guitar tone >.<

Erkan

mr-walker.bandcamp
Jun 16, 2008
Uppsala, Sweden
mr-walker.bandcamp.com
Vildhjarta <- Listen to first song, "Traces"

Seriously, this guitar tone... wtf is up with it? The guitars are growling fiercely! Especially from 0:21 - 0:50, there is this "thing" they do which just sounds... heavy.

Does anyone have any general pointers to what they might've done to get that sound? Not that I believe I would ever be able to even get close to it, but I just want to gain some knowledge about it.

Edit: I meant to focus on those "things" they do between 0:21 - 0:50, not the actual guitar tone throughout the whole song.

Sounds like the guitar is being doubled with a synth to me.. those notes are noticeably thicker than the rest and unusually punchy.

this guy is on their gallery
l_1b83b381bc16826d9863a1bf8182fa88.jpg
omg omg, i love this guitar :headbang::kickass::worship:waah: i saw this photo on 7strings org, i want something like this :cry:!!!

Vildhjarta <- Listen to first song, "Traces"

Seriously, this guitar tone... wtf is up with it? The guitars are growling fiercely! Especially from 0:21 - 0:50, there is this "thing" they do which just sounds... heavy.

Does anyone have any general pointers to what they might've done to get that sound? Not that I believe I would ever be able to even get close to it, but I just want to gain some knowledge about it.
their bassist (?) i see is modrator on guitar amp modeling forum, he write a lot about using spider2 and some savage impulses, maybe that we hear, you can write to them, or to him, on this forum

Behringer V-Amp 2, I think.

They sound a lot like my buddy Josh Travis's tones, and he uses those in When Knives Go Skyward.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=323779033

Seriously, V-Amp? I always thought they were low budget, crappy crap crap stuff. Do people use V-Amps in a serious manner? (Forgive my ignorance, but I always believed V-Amps were frowned upon).

methinks it's a pod, especialy judging from their rehersal vids

Wow if a POD is what they use for (a big part of) the tone, I might consider getting one in the future... could also come in handy at home while writing stuff!

Sounds like the guitar is being doubled with a synth to me.. those notes are noticeably thicker than the rest and unusually punchy.

Now, this is really interesting! Damn, why did I never think of this... this opens up a whole new door in composing music! Even if they didn't use this technique, I imagine it would be a really cool idea to run a pass through the guitars and see where you can compliment it with a synth, not to just spice it up, but to actually reinforce the guitars in an extreme way.

Really, even if this is not what they did, I thank you for the tip! I will definately give it a try when I get some songs together.

Sounds like a typical solid state sound to me.
Thats why i like ssamps by the way, more attack and growl! >;D

I'm 99% sure that is a POD tone.

Plus nothing special too. The bass and lowend is everything.

Guitars are VERY scooped on the lowmids which let's the bass/kick shine through. There's just some synths in the background, nothing doubled with the guitars I'm afraid.

I'm 99% sure that is a POD tone.

Plus nothing special too. The bass and lowend is everything.

Guitars are VERY scooped on the lowmids which let's the bass/kick shine through. There's just some synths in the background, nothing doubled with the guitars I'm afraid.

sounds a lot like the Meshuggah tone.. which is done on Line-6 stuff.
I guess it'd be hard to get that kind of low end on a tube amp..

Really? That tone does nothing for me. Sounds like a cheap version of suga's tone. It is a real good song though

That's what I thought the very first time I heard it too, but after a while, I started getting used to it. Then I kinda liked it, but still, it's those "things" between 0:21 and 0:50 that really "does it" for me :D it just sounds "chuga chuga chuga chuga BAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW chugga chugga" etc, it's huge!

Sounds thin and harsh to me, like has already been said, it's a cheap version of Meshuggah's tone. Why is everybody copying Meshuggah these days?