Side for Side, PF's The Wall, is probably the best album ever.

Brooks

Eyes Wide Open
Nov 15, 2001
Bay Area, California
skloid.blogspot.com
Here I sit, listening to my Dad's original pressing of The Wall, and I've got to say, all four sides of this record are magical to the highest degree. Not a dull moment to be found, and each side is far longer and contains more (amazing!) music than I thought an LP side could even hold! Not to mention the records perfect pacing, specifically written to be listened to from side to side to side to side.

I've got to say, vinyl is the only way to go with this masterpiece.

I know Warrel loves The Wall. If you don't too, you just suck.

I feel ya. I usually reach for Meddle.
Tonight, I was feeling The Wall.

And I think I made the right choice.

So ya, thought ya, might like to, go to the show....
To feel the warm thrill of confusion and space cadet glow...
I've got... some bad news for you sunshine, Pink isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel,
And they sent him along with a surrogate band,
we're gonna find out where you fans really stand!!

I might be crazy but that video, and accompanying song, just seriously made my day. Henceforth I resent resenting, if one can be in the knowing :p

Please, Mr. Floyd, enlighten me with more imagery...

This thread warms my heart <3

But I must confess, I still prefer Animals, Darkside, and Wish You Were Here over The Wall.

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn is in its own category. Love Syd and the memories I have from that album.

Animals is probably my favorite, when it comes down to it.

But there is just something so special about listening to The Wall on vinyl, the way it was intended.

Vinyl + Pink Floyd = A sensation that no other vinyl can sustain.

I even have the Axis: bold as love vinyl and still won't top the pink floyd vinyls that my uncle use to have long ago when i was little.

They wrote those albums with vinyl as a medium specifically in mind.

There's a reason Dark Side is paced the way it is, The Great Gig in the Sky ending side one, Money beginning side two...heartbeats beginning and ending the albums, so when you flip, it all starts over again.

iPods.... sigh....

There's a reason Dark Side is paced the way it is, The Great Gig in the Sky ending side one, Money beginning side two...heartbeats beginning and ending the albums, so when you flip, it all starts over again.

That's the unique thing about Pink Floyd, and is why i thought that BTBAM: Colors was truly brilliant, because they performed something that i haven't heard in a long while that was musically inspiring in a modern manor.

Great thread. When I resurrected my father's old stereo system, The Wall was an album I HAD to get on vinyl. I'm picky so I spent a ton of time finding an original pressing in pristine shape. It's not easy to find one without a wear ring on the cover.

<3 pink floyd, though I think I prefer Dark Side of the Moon, that album is perfect EVERY song is fucking amazing and flows so perfectly.

The Wall I really love but need to give more straight though listens too.