Sieges Even anyone ?

but the chances to find Uneven or Sophisticated anywhere are equal to winning the jackpot in the lottery.

i've heard two of their albums, and sorry but i didn't like the music much. But quality is not arguable of course. A great band.

I am scared to pick up their older stuff. Although I am a guitarist, and this might sound like a dumb comparison, but the singer is really the one that captures me and he reminds me of Don Barnes (vocalist of 38 Special...... I told you it was a dumb comparison.) However, Barnes and Menses have that easy-going delivery, but if you try to sing along with it, you are screwed. It is higher and more technical than you think, they just make it sound easy.

Bryant

Alexander*_Reborn said:
Where the hell do you find Sophisticated?? It's ridiculous, you hear such geat things about this album and yet they only bothered to make 5 copies.

I would like to find Sophisticated also....

Eneven was sold at Lasercd so it wasn't hard to find for me....

Album of the year 2005 by a long shot. I've been a big Sieges Even fan for a couple of years now and was fortunate enough to find a copy of "Sophisticated" on Ebay for a reasonable price.
In a word, it's cool Prog Metal, but miles away from the lofty heights of "Navigating..." or "A Sense Of Change", mostly due a stunning lack of "artsyness"... you really notice Markus Steffen's absence not only in the guitar department, as the lyrics are painfully trite at times. The singer is subpar as well.
"Uneven", however, is even harder to get. It's better than its predecessor, though, because Greg Keller (the singer) fits in much better than on "Sophisticated" and the instrumetal side of the music kicks the whackiness up one more notch! I might upload my favourite track from that album, namely "What's Up God", next weekend.

I suggest all of you who liked ther latest album try out their third disc "A Sense Of Change" from 1991. It's available on German Amazon, so it shouldn't be overly hard to find in the US or elsewhere.

"a sense of change" is simply the best achievement in the history of recorded music. I like it that much. This album sounds like nothing I've ever heard before or after. So crispy and tight.

"Navigating" is another masterpiece and my 3rd favorite SE-disc. ("Steps " is 2nd. I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner though because it's very obscure and takes time to sink in).