Siena Root - Kaleidoscope

IOfTheStorm

Gogol Bordello
Mar 28, 2002
Athens-Greece
www.monolith.gr
<-------------------------
A blend of Hendrix, Zeppelin, Deep Purple with lots of psychedelic elements, vintage production, a huge variety of sounds and an amazing voice that is somewhere between Grace Slick and female black soul vocalists. Hard rocking songs, psychedelic anthems and two big instrumental songs, the first deeply influenced by middle eastern and indian music, and the second being a folky hard rock crazyness. Of course you can read this too for further details: http://www.monolith.gr/reviews/html/sienaroot01.html

This is probably the best late 60s/70s music album that was not released back then. Really. Not for blackmetallers.

http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1TM5H1T13OXBP378X7X0ABCCCP

(This one has lots of Uriah Heep in it too)

Enjoy.

And to make Nad jealous :

2005-10-04sienaroot003.jpg

this is really cool
listened to the track beforereading your words on it
first things that struck me were the deep purple and grace slick grooves + sounds
the keyboards on this are class
I would never have guessed this wasn't at least 30 years old

good one

Oh man, I found a saved MP3 for this, thinking it was one of our recommendations. The song is "There and Back Again".

Brilliant! This totally reminds me of Rainbow (Dio era). Lots of Ritchie Blackmore influence and a touch of neo-classical. :kickass:

Love it. Want to hear me some more.

Yeah I missed this as well, somebody re-up it!

And yeah, that dude has me totally beat, I don't own a Ric. :(

I found these guys' debut (with a male singer) "A New Day Dawning" used a few days ago and decided to pick it up. First listen, it sounds like IotS' description holds pretty well to this one too. Good stuff!

Haha Doomcifer is on perscription drugs again. I think.

I downloaded this album a few days ago 'cause I've still only heard A New Day Dawning and the Mountain Songs 7'' by this band (both very strong releases in their own right) and you guys are all over this shit...

I think I'll go smoke some weed and then listen to it. What would IotS say? :erk: