Sign here if you want Lucas to release the original Star Wars DVD

Arch

‫‬**‪‫‬**҉‫‬**‪‫‬**҉ ‫‬*
Oct 9, 2001
// -->
George Lucas has no plans to release the original Episode IV, V, and VI of the Star Wars trilogy on DVD. Instead, he is releasing modified version of the original trilogy.

More info and petition here:
http://www.originaltrilogy.com

Thanks Tomas!

Are you speaking of the original versions of the films which came out in 1977, 1980 and 1983, respectively; or, are you speaking of the Special Editions which came out in 1997?

Afterword, 11 September, 2004: Read and signed the petition. I would like to see them release the original version of Star Wars that didn't have the Episode IV at the beginning of the opening word crawl.

smylex2 said:
Are you speaking of the original versions of the films which came out in 1977, 1980 and 1983, respectively; or, are you speaking of the Special Editions which came out in 1997?

Check with the site.

smylex2 said:

Afterword, 11 September, 2004: Read and signed the petition. I would like to see them release the original version of Star Wars that didn't have the Episode IV at the beginning of the opening word crawl.

Here's your answer:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwarschanges.html

BigBronco4x4 said:
Answer me, you bastard.

askjeeves1.jpg

I can't wait to buy the 4DVD box set coming out on September 21st of the Star Wars Trilogy. I already own the original versions on VHS and there are millions of those copies in circulation for anyone who wants them. Hey I'll sell you mine if you really want the non-expanded versions that badly. I wasn't aware these had become a collector's item. I guess you guys are just hoping they will release them on DVD at some point, though you could just dub your VHS to DVD if that's all you want.

Lucas will release an "original version" of STAR WARS some time close to Christmas.

After selling $115 M worth of DVD's on the first day, he'll make sure he can clean up again soon. And besides, with that level of response, he knows that the next STAR WARS movie will be an even bigger blockbuster, so he can charge the theater chains more next summer.

STAR WARS $115,000,000 sales -- Day 1

Naaaahh... I already ordered my altered version boxset. Should arrive tomorrow or the day after.

I don't really care about most of the changes. Only thing that really bothers me is that he had to put Hayden Christensen to the end of Return of the Jedi. Why it couldn't be just old Anakin, like he was when he died? Would've made lot more sense. Obi-Wan isn't young in that scene, nor is Yoda (or how the hell I know, he always looks ancient).