Signals Audio Presents : Ryan Harvey's 'S-Impulse Freddy'

TaylorG

Teh Groove Metuhl
May 10, 2010
Calgary, AB
simpulse_logo.png

Hey guize,

From the creator of "s-pres", comes "S-impulse". A new, updated Mesa cabinet impulse from our best friend Ryan Harvey.
Using the Fredman method, Ryan has come up with a solid sounding impulse.

S-Impulse "Freddy"

For $5.00, you get 6 different impulses, in the standard 44.1/48/96kHz .wav, and Axe-FX I AND II configurations.

Here's a sample I did with Ola Englund's Feared DI's :

Feared - Snip

Feel free to ask questions, and I'll try and answer them as much as possible.

We live in the same town, Ryan and I. I make him pizzas on the weekend! He was up there with you at Signals Audio a few months back and I KNOW you were working on something F****** EPIC.

For real tho. I'm a little drunk, you lot do good work. Everyone needs to get their hands on these IRs.

We live in the same town, Ryan and I. I make him pizzas on the weekend! He was up there with you at Signals Audio a few months back and I KNOW you were working on something F****** EPIC.

For real tho. I'm a little drunk, you lot do good work. Everyone needs to get their hands on these IRs.

Excellent. You should move up here with him!
We did a bunch of shit. That was right around the time Alex got a tape machine. So we had some fun with that.

accidently made alex spend 800 dollars and give him a major fucking headache.
buy em if you want i dig em!!

New (better) comparison with volume matched.

Using s-preshigh and my favorite impulse from s-impulses.
I know that this impulses are diferent and they will need diferent amp setting to make them sound as you want but this is just to make you an idea.

Mono tracks, same chain settings (TSE 808, TSE X40), RAW Guitars.

I think this new impulses are great.

http://soundcloud.com/darkskar/s-presshigh-vs-s-impulse-volume

In this test amp was config to s-preshigh, but changing the amps settings you could find something better with s-impulse.
I find the new one with better clarity IMO, fine to blend it with another ones to give it what you want (blended with the s-preshigh sound good too).

could you provide in what the file names represent?

SImpulse_One is a Krank poweramp.
SImpulse_Two is a 5150 poweramp.

_One is one of the mics, Ryan will have to tell you which is which..
_Two is the other mic.
_Both is both of the mic's in a Fredman method.