sikth - death of a dead day

rob h

New Metal Member
Aug 24, 2006
Has anyone else heard this disc yet? I got it a couple weeks ago and completely love everything about it production as well as musically...

yea i love sikths production the trees are dead was better musically though class album i love sikth especialy the drumms and the way every thing sits so well in the mix.

does any one know who produced their work i think it was their guitarist but im not sure.

Just got a message back from Dan Weller, the guitarist...

"eventually we went with a bognor ubershall..through a amarshall 4x12..

all mics on one cone... 57, 421 and a ribbon mic...

sounds pretty rad..

glad you enjoy

dan"

New Sikth...

Thoughts?

Not sure why they went with Bieler brothers but......

track 5 is fucking GREAT.
from this thread http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/245917-new-sikth.html?highlight=sikth

i like this album as well it's a killer i had no trouble finding it at all it was in stock at my local Best Buy i'm not in love with the mix but it serves the music well enough i'd like to go see them if they would come play the US

i removed the punctuation from my above post so i could fit in on the magical interweb. here's the missing characters for those who want to reinsert them to make more sense out of what i said: ,.,...

:saint:

I like them too, though the vox tend to work on my nerves after a few songs. Production wise I love their guitar sound on their latest record, fits their style perfectly. I think they used Diezel amps if I am not mistaking...

cool to see people finally picking up on this album!!!!!!......i enjoyed working with the guys........wish i could have seen them play live with justin and mikee....best musicians ive ever seen. The rhythm guitars were not really heavily post processed unless you consider a little eq heavy processing. They were however well played.

James id be interested to know what it was about the mixes you werent in love with.

Pin and Dan said that they really didn't like the Bogner - Pin called it the "Ubersaw." They both said it sounded almost nothing on record like it did in the room, but there were like 12 mics on the cabs, so there were a lot of options as far as that goes.

James id be interested to know what it was about the mixes you werent in love with.
well, when i first typed that it was the impression that was left in my mind from the last time i had listened to it.... listening now, while there's things i peronsally would have done differently (like kick, snare and rhythm guitar), i can't say that it sounds bad at all... suits the music fine and i'm enjoying it quite a lot as i sit here having my morning espresso jolt. Well balanced and effective.... and the band is sick!

it's easiest thing in the world to sit back and criticize details and it's kind of a "thing" around here so don't take offense, it's a community of both working pro engineers and budding aspirants so it kind of comes with the territory.... but the Sikth record is exciting, and that's a major criteria for a succesful production.

this one's going back into rotation. \m/

while there's things i peronsally would have done differently (like kick, snare and rhythm guitar)

Lol.

Thanks to you guys and this thread for bringing this band to my attention. Good shit, indeed. If it's true that the vocalist is no longer with the band, it's a complete bummer - cuz dude rules!

Lol.

Thanks to you guys and this thread for bringing this band to my attention. Good shit, indeed. If it's true that the vocalist is no longer with the band, it's a complete bummer - cuz dude rules!

'twas two guys, and both are leaving.

There were some internal problems, and Justin really can't sing live.

I'm really, really curious to see what these guys will be like with a new vocalist. I personally think they should getting someone Patton-esque, but that's probably just me.

I personally think they should getting someone Patton-esque, but that's probably just me.

I was thinking the same thing really. A vocalist just as varied as the song structures. I always felt Todd Smith of Dog Fashion Disco was very Patton-esque.