SIMULACRUM - Sky Divided

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
FINLAND'S SIMULACRUM REVEAL SKY DIVIDED ALBUM ARTWORK, TRACKLISTING

Turku, Finland-based progressive metal act, Simulacrum, will release their new concept album, Sky Divided, through Inverse Records on August 28th.

simulacrumalbumart.jpg

The "Deep In The Trenches" video was directed by Esa Jussila and the main character is played by P3 Boxing Team's professional boxer and six time Finnish champion Eemeli Katajisto.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was pleasantly surprised when the vocals kicked in. Was fully expecting some growly type of shit after that intro. Have to hear more tracks to get a better feel.

I stumbled across the 1st release from Simulacrum called "Master and the Simulacrum" and was damned impressed with it and play the album on my show quite a bit. The 1st album was released in very early 2012 if I remember right and I am really looking forward to this one.

I loved that intro. Then the singing began. He's so overmatched by the rest of the band and doesn't really have a chance. His attempts in the beginning to sound like angry Russ Allen were not great and when they hit the chorus he sounds a bit off key and strained, but then that was a strange arrangement. I'd need to hear more from them, but of this were an instrumental release I'd be all over it.

I'm a bit of a late bloomer, but hey better late than not discovering this band at all. I got a chance to check out some other tunes and really liked this one, Behind The Belt of Orion.

Last edited by a moderator: