Sinergy The Sin Trade intro vs. Paul Gilbert

_FollowTheReaper_

Alt Lys Er Svunnet Hen
Jan 2, 2005
France
www.myspace.com
Hi all

I'm not really into the whole "who stole who" music warfare.
It just happened that my errance on Youtube lead me to this video, and when I heard Paul Gilbert play this I couldn't help but relate to The Sin Trade intro by Sinergy.
Might be Gilbert inspired the writing of the Sinergy song but I have no idea how it's called or when it came out. I hardly suspect Gilbert ripping Sinergy though !
Gilbert is such an influencial guitar player. His idea /odd timing on this piece of music might easily inspire something like the Sin Trade. The structure/progression is really similar.

Or... is it even older ? Some old classic stuff ?

Check @3min22s

Last edited:
Gilbert's song is Technical Difficulties. One of his more famous songs I believe (I only know a couple songs from him, and that's one of them). There is some similarity between the two, but apart from the chord progression and the 16th triplet runs, both riffs are really simple so anyone could come up with something similar. The triplet runs definitely make them sound similar, but apart from that both riffs are just a simple pattern played over a chord progression so it's also possible that the similarities are coincidental.