Sinner your thoughts?

Mmmm, long time ago since I heard from Sinner, didn't know they were still around. I remember I liked some of their 80's stuff. Commercial, but catchy stuff at that time !!

Sinner the band of Matt Sinner (the Germans)? I'm not into them, heck I'm not into a lot of German power bands. Or there's another one?

I've got their album Judgement Day which I like a lot. The problem is with them, if you've heard 1 album you've heard them all.

Good band - pretty apparent where Primal Fear gets most of its writing and sound (ie. Mr. Sinner). :kickass:

Good band - pretty apparent where Primal Fear gets most of its writing and sound (ie. Mr. Sinner). :kickass:

See, Primal Fear was a band that didn't attracted me until I bought used "Seven Seals", it hit me so hard that I went for "New Religion" without much thinking, I consider it a great album. I most probably will follow the band on.

See, Primal Fear was a band that didn't attracted me until I bought used "Seven Seals", it hit me so hard that I went for "New Religion" without much thinking, I consider it a great album. I most probably will follow the band on.

Try Black Sun, it's a damn fine album more in the Painkiller vibe (rather than the "Sinner" vibe their more recent material has taken).

I've got their album Judgement Day which I like a lot. The problem is with them, if you've heard 1 album you've heard them all.

I used to think the same thing this album is their best record, their only record that I have liked... You must check this one out!!!!
They are far from power metal they play more in the hard rock vein on this one. They are a cross between UFO and Thin Lizzy....
And yes this is the band with Mat Sinner of Primal Fear....

I only have their Second Decade compilation. A few decent songs, but nothing that I have the urge to listen to too frequently

Mmmm, long time ago since I heard from Sinner, didn't know they were still around. I remember I liked some of their 80's stuff. Commercial, but catchy stuff at that time !!

They released their heavier albums in the last decade or so, which are IMO:

The Nature Of Evil (1998)
There Will Be Execution (2003)

Judgement Day (1997) and The End Of Sanctuary (2000) are also quite heavy, nothing like the lighter stuff of the end of 80s. Just damn good melodic heavy/power metal stuff.

Mask Of Sanity (2007) and Crash & Burn (2008) see a return to a lighter sound, but not "80s commercial", more like 70s hard rock a la Thin Lizzy.

You should definitely check out all these albums (sonce 1997) cause they all rule IMO. My least fave of these "newer" albums is probably Crash & Burn though, even though there are some fine songs to be found on it for sure.

Sinner rocks!

BTW, I like Primal Fear quite a bit, but enjoy the Sinner band more.