SIRENIA - The Path To Decay

Diamond45

Terminate Bad Music
Feb 22, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA USA
www.dmine.com
New Sirenia video: The Path To Decay

Taken from the album, The 13th Floor. Out January 23, 2009 (Europe) and April 21, 2009 (North America) via Nuclear Blast Records!

This album features a new female vocalist named Ailyn

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to grow tired of bands like this. After I got into Within Temptation, After Forever, and Epica, I began to grow tired of this female fronted metal style that isn't power, isn't prog, isn't standard "heavy" metal...I don't know what you call it. It to me is just, bland and mid-rate.

I'm starting to grow tired of bands like this. After I got into Within Temptation, After Forever, and Epica, I began to grow tired of this female fronted metal style that isn't power, isn't prog, isn't standard "heavy" metal...I don't know what you call it. It to me is just, bland and mid-rate.

I was the same way.....I was really into it and then all these other acts started up...well Sirenia has been around just as long but called Tristinia...but I agree with your point. I have been burnt out on this style completely.

It's not the "bands like this" issue but I hate this CD. I've given it a few listens and it's really just generic. I don't like her voice very much either. Her way of singing never changes like there's no emotion or whatever. I didn't care for Nine destinies and a downfall overall originally but it did grow on me a little over time. I just can't find anything redeeming in this album. There's not a single song I want to hear again.

I like Sirenia, but this song doesn't really do much for me. Haven't listened to the new album yet, but if this is any indication of what it's like - give me At Sixes And Sevens.