Sirenia

Originally posted by Nico16
What I especially like about Sirenia, is that the female vocals aren't in that opera style (which I had a hard time getting used to some years ago ;)). I always prefer 'normal' singing
Just like me:)

I've listened to the Sirenia album several times.. and only the first 5 songs caught me.. the others are just average.

I would've even bought the album because of those 5 songs, because they're so damn good.

One must consider for what a short time Sirenia has existed when they recorded the album - they/Morten didn't have that much time for composing - maybe it would've been enough time for a simple tr00 black metal band, but I'm sure it takes a lot more time to fully compose and arrange a Sirenia song ;)

I must say I was a little disappointed when I heard Sirenia. I had hoped that Morten would have come out with something new and exciting, but instead he seems to have chosen the same path as his work with Tristania.

Personally I would have liked something a little different, as Tristania are still producing decent music in my opinion. Sienia is good, but nothing special.

Tristania moved on a new pathand I guess he didn't want to leave the path... so in Sirenia you find the old path of Tristania...

I disagree slightly with you there. Personally, I don't believe that Tristania have changed quite as much as many think they have. Of course, their sound has moved on a little bit, but personally I feel there are still many similarities between the new and the old Tristania.

As for Sirenia, as I said, I don't find the music to be anything more than average. Good, but not great. I think if Morton put his mind to it, he could come out with something really new, fresh and exciting, but he seems to have decided not to. :(

what does everyone think about Morten from Tristiana's new band Sirenia? i wish he didnt leave Tristania, but at least he found happiness in Sirenia. Morten has got a great talent... i absolutely love it...so many similarities, but in a unique form. i listen to the album regularly for the past few months now...i just want to hear what others think...:)

Sirenia.. Unfortunately, I haven't heard a lot of that band. I love Tristania though, and if Sirenia is anywhere near as good as Tristiania, then they surely rock! Any songs you'd suggest I check out?