sites similar to MP3.com

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
are there any out there? i am looking to get my new bands music up. mp3.com is being lame at the moment, they are allowing basic sites now. so that means i would have to pay. so i am looking for alternatives. free is a must. and a site that wont turn my mp3s to poor sound quality. thankyou
~gR~

iuma is not working. i get kicked back to the main page when i click on the submissions link. thanks though
~gR~

genocide roach said:
are there any out there? i am looking to get my new bands music up. mp3.com is being lame at the moment, they are allowing basic sites now. so that means i would have to pay. so i am looking for alternatives. free is a must. and a site that wont turn my mp3s to poor sound quality. thankyou
~gR~

Speaking of MP3.com, I was there the other day, and decided to stream the top downloads in the metal genre to kill some time at work. Holy cow. I have never wanted to come right out and say this, because I don't want the grief about "trying to be all hard or tr00", or about being narrow-minded, or whatever, but I gotta say, after listening to the top 10 or 20 downloaded metal songs on MP3.com, I am more firmly convinced than ever that "IF ITS POPULAR, IT SUCKS".

That stuff was, almost without exception, absolutely horrendous. If it was not nu-metal (Jesus, Mudvayne is awful) or cookie cutter mosh-core, it was a bad At the Gates ripoff.

just stream the death metal page top 10. there is still the bad swedish impressions on there, but there is some cool stuff. last time i checked, into the moat was still up on top.

i figured out whats wrong with iuma. the artist submission thing runs on a pop up, so i had to turn my pop up killer off.
~gR~

i put us on garage band, but you gotta do reviews to get songs up. and that requires real player which doesnt work on my comp :)
~gR~

i was talking about our music not being swedish metal. ala at the gates, in flames, arch enemy....
~gR~