Skid Row Thickskin

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I was out X-Mas shopping for the kids and hit a couple of stores in the city. I came across several records that I had been looking for, but the one record that I picked up was Skid Row's Thickskin. I remember they opened for KISS on the Psycho Circus Tour, but were not the opener when they played in Portland. I did hear from Ted Van Frehley, who caught them as opener that Solinger was a good singer. It's a very good record and their updated version of I Remember You stomps the sappy assed original! Anyone hear or own this one? I think just like when Crue moved on with out Vince this should have been called something else, because it's as far from the traditional Skid Row as you can get...

SoundMaster said:
I heard one track on a compilation CD and really couldn't dig it. It had a punk vibe to it, perhaps that's why.
But Skid always had a hint of that vibe, so I'm not sure why i couldn't get into it.

"Some" of the material does have this edgy punk vibe to it, but they mix it up with hard rock tracks and a ballad or two...