SKINLAB Frontman Forges Ahead With Side Project....

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
SKINLAB Frontman Forges Ahead With Side Project

DEF IGNITION, the San Francisco Bay Area-based band led by SKINLAB's Steev Esquivel, have completed their lineup and are currently recording their first "official" demo. "Things are going fast," Esquivel said. "We're not wasting anytime with this. The plan is to have a record out this year. I'm not sure where it will end up, but it will be released. I have a lot of faith in what we're doing, and have no doubts that it will find its way into good hands."

DEF IGNITION's current lineup is as follows:

Dave Moore (ex-MINDBENDER) - Vocals
Steev Esquivel (SKINLAB, ex-DEFIANCE) – Guitar
Tim Howell (ex-FUELED, SACRILEGE B.C.) - Guitar
Johnny Montanio (ex-43, IMPLANT) – Bass
Mark Hernandez (ex-TECHNOCRACY, TORQUE) - Drums

More details about upcoming show dates and demo availability will be announced soon.

From BlabberMouth.Net

Deadly Embrace said:
SKINLAB Frontman Forges Ahead With Side Project

DEF IGNITION, the San Francisco Bay Area-based band led by SKINLAB's Steev Esquivel, have completed their lineup and are currently recording their first "official" demo. "Things are going fast," Esquivel said. "We're not wasting anytime with this. The plan is to have a record out this year. I'm not sure where it will end up, but it will be released. I have a lot of faith in what we're doing, and have no doubts that it will find its way into good hands."

DEF IGNITION's current lineup is as follows:

Dave Moore (ex-MINDBENDER) - Vocals
Steev Esquivel (SKINLAB, ex-DEFIANCE) – Guitar
Tim Howell (ex-FUELED, SACRILEGE B.C.) - Guitar
Johnny Montanio (ex-43, IMPLANT) – Bass
Mark Hernandez (ex-TECHNOCRACY, TORQUE) - Drums

More details about upcoming show dates and demo availability will be announced soon.

From BlabberMouth.Net
That'll be cool, I love Skinlab,Defiance, and Torque.

OFFICER NICE

I just came in here to express my hate for the band

they were present at the judas priest concert and the testament concert and they brought all the metal energy down so much that the mosh pit was almost out for the night.

good thing testament and halford brought it back up, but it was tough, I mean, skinlab really annoyed the audience. I had to stand there and listen to that crap, at least the second time I knew better and got there late just to find the audience almost fully discouraged.

The saYer said:

they were present at the judas priest concert and the testament concert and they brought all the metal energy down so much that the mosh pit was almost out for the night.

good thing testament and halford brought it back up, but it was tough, I mean, skinlab really annoyed the audience. I had to stand there and listen to that crap, at least the second time I knew better and got there late just to find the audience almost fully discouraged.
For one Judas Priest did not even play.......it was Halford......metal energy down........wrong, it just was'nt as packed because Halford/Testament had already made a run through SF in recent weeks.......had nothing to do with Skinlab........in fact they were really good........and if you got to the second night late, then you don't know how they played.........and how would you know a whole audience was fully "discouraged".....were you taking an on sight poll?......or did you take the crowds tempurature?..........maybe your mood ring was'nt working that night...........I saw both whole concerts, it was.............what it was........and had nothing to do with Skinlab......:err:

The saYer said:

I went to the show in Hollywood (Skinlab wasnt there, I forget who was) and there was no pit. Even when testament played. Even when halford played. That leads me to believe that it wasnt Skinlab 'bringing the energy down.'

Yeah, Testament was their main inspiration, for sure. I even read somewhere that their singer sounds like Chuck Billy after 3 nights of hard drinking (However, I don't recall whether this was about Steev or the previous one) and I thought: "So true". But they were technically very good, perhaps not the most innovative band out there, but they had had the potential to develop into something significant. (that's based on the few songs I've heard from each album only). And I'd rather go and listen to a TestAmenT-clone band than to one that might be creative, but not my cup of tea.

I've only heard a few Skinlab songs a few years ago and I thought they were to nu-metal sounding (oops, sorry if I offended anyone, but that's what I remember). Am I completely wrong and heard not the right songs, or they play that modern type of metal? (I see some of you are really into them, so maybe I'd like some of their stuff too- what should I check out?)