SLASH Not A Fan Of 'Guitar Nerds'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, Slash may be a legendary guitar hero but if there's one thing he's not a fan of himself, it's what he calls "guitar nerds." In a new interview with AL.com, the Rock And Roll Hall Of Famer said, "That's the worst, when you're standing onstage and you look down and there’s people that are standing there expecting you to blow their minds with your guitar playing tricks… I mean, I'm a player and I can play, but it's all within the context of the music, the songs. So it's sort of interesting that you do get those guys who sort of analyze you from a technique point of view. It happens."Slash told The Pulse Of Radio not long ago that he prefers being in a band to being a "guitar hero" type. "I'm a band guy," he said. "I've been in a band since I was 16 years old, I guess. So I like being in a band, I think that a group of musicians working, interacting together can come up with amazing material and so on and so forth." As previously reported, Slash and his band MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS will release a double CD, triple vinyl set, Blu-ray and DVD on June 15. Titled "Live At The Roxy 25.9.14", the package was recorded on September 25, 2014 at the legendary Roxy nightclub in West Hollywood, California, shortly after Slash issued his third solo album, "World On Fire". The set list features a mix of current tunes, other tracks from Slash's previous solo records, and classics from his earlier bands GUNS N' ROSES and VELVET REVOLVER.In addition to Slash and singer Myles Kennedy, the CONSPIRATORS features drummer Brent Fitz, bassist Todd Kerns and touring guitarist Frank Sidoris."World On Fire" sold around 29,000 copies in its first week of release to debut at No. 10 on The Billboard 200 album chart last September. Slash recently told Classic Rock that he has "already started working" on material for his next studio set.

More...