SLASH's Upcoming Album Is 'Very Rocking,' Says MYLES KENNEDY

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Slash and his solo band, MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS, have entered the studio to record the third album under the solo Slash banner. The follow-up to 2012's "Apocalyptic Love" is being helmed by producer Michael "Elvis" Baskette, known for his work with Kennedy's other band, ALTER BRIDGE, as well as FALLING IN REVERSE, STORY OF THE YEAR and INCUBUS, to name a few.Asked how the new Slash material is sounding, Kennedy told VH1 Radio Network's Dave Basner: "It's good! It's very rock. It's very rocking. I think it's more up-tempo than the last record was, and [Slash has] got some really great riffs on this record. Killer stuff." While Slash is still in the studio putting music together, Myles is focusing on ALTER BRIDGE, which is scheduled to tour Japan next week and will be on the road across the globe for the next few months. According to Myles, the drums for Slash's new album are being recorded right now and Slash is texting him daily with updates of what songs they've finished and which ones they're working on.Slash bassist Todd Kerns said about the album at his blog, "I have to admit that, conceptually, I felt that 'Apocalyptic Love' would be a tough act to follow, but I can say with all the confidence in the world that we are more than armed and ready."Kerns added, "The material on this album is more serious and more fun at the same time, which is a tough balance indeed. The songs are sleazier, tougher and more dangerous . . . We are all very excited to unleash the monster upon you as soon as we can."Slash has not set a release date for the new record and Kerns said it will "be done when it's done."Slash officially began recording as a solo artist with his self-titled 2010 debut album.The former GUNS N' ROSES and VELVET REVOLVER guitarist employed a different vocalist on each track of his first album, before settling on ALTER BRIDGE's Myles Kennedy for both touring and eventually recording."Apocalyptic Love" earned Slash his two first-ever No. 1 U.S. rock radio hits with "You're A Lie" and "Standing In The Sun". The record's third single, "Anastasia", cracked the Top 10 at Modern and Active Rock and Top Five at Mainstream Rock.Slash told The Pulse Of Radio that the partnership with Kennedy seemed natural from the start. "We work really well together," he said. "I never really thought about how that's progressing. It's real natural. So it's like any kind of sort of close relationship, where I think we established it really, really early on and now we're just sort of doing our thing, you know. Yeah, I don't know what else to say — it's just a really cool kind of synergy that we've got."

More...