Slate Digital Trigger Platinum question

Ericlingus

Prettiest Hair Around
Oct 31, 2006
Does this come with all the samples that would come with SSD platinum? If not, which ones does it come with? Also, how would you say it compares with drumagog platinum? I've been thinking about buying this and was wondering what you guys think.

thanks man. That's good to hear. I don't care about the cymbals anyways. What is it about trigger that you like better than drumagog?

Its all the same samples from what I understand. There are some new samples that he made that are supposed to be really solid but I believe they are an upgraded price for ssd users and not yet converted to be for sale for trigger. Someone correct me if im wrong there.

I like the samples that come with trigger platinum and I could get all my different flavors out of them. The deluxe snares and kicks are actually really cool and dont sound super processed to me. The normal and band related samples are usefull and all seem like they could fit somewhere. I often end up using other stuff too though, lots of cool stuff floating around this forum and the net in general.

I tried the newest drumagog at my buddies project studio, I like trigger better mostly for the interfacing of the vst itself. I didnt compare them side by side, although shoot outs exist on gearslutz if I can recall. I was doing a rough and dirty demo for one of my buddies weird satan metal bands, lots of blast beats and stuff. Practically no budget. It worked fine but i didnt dive particularly deep into any drumagog specific feature sets because the interface just seemed complicated to me at the time.

If you work or like working with midi you may want to check out the Massey products. Alot of folks around here doing professional work seem to swear by it. I think it may be protools or mac only though Im not sure. Ive been perfectly happy with trigger.

I think you are correct about Massey being PT/Mac only.

Well, honestly I don't often use the Slate samples that come with Trigger Platinum. I use my own custom samples, LSD snares/kicks, samples from other people, etc. like 99% of the time. So, for me, it's not about the samples that are included, but the interface, usability, et al and Trigger wins that for me over Drumagog. The only time I really even use Slate samples is when I am using SSD4, which isn't often at all.

I think you are correct about Massey being PT/Mac only.

Well, honestly I don't often use the Slate samples that come with Trigger Platinum. I use my own custom samples, LSD snares/kicks, samples from other people, etc. like 99% of the time. So, for me, it's not about the samples that are included, but the interface, usability, et al and Trigger wins that for me over Drumagog. The only time I really even use Slate samples is when I am using SSD4, which isn't often at all.

Massey is for windows also