Slate Trigger Platinum?

Downwards

Feb 22, 2010
Michigan
www.myspace.com
Using Drumagog 4 now, but thinking about getting this(seems like it may work better). Can anyone attest to this? Also, what about the samples? Is it worth it to get the Platinum version over the EX? I'm sure the samples sound good, but I didn't see any sound clips on the website, so I'm curious what drum samples in particular it includes. Are they pretty much processed, er..? Any good Kick Drum/Snare/Tom samples that would be good for metal? Thanx.

A lot of people here use the Slate drum samples. They are plenty good for metal. Trigger Platinum comes with the same shell samples as SSD 3.5, so just check out the SSD website for samples.

Anyway, Trigger is cool. It's not perfect by any means, but it's A LOT simpler than the way I used to replace drums (converting to midi with KTDrumtrigger, then using the SSD Kontakt Instrument)

Drumagog 4 is what i used for a long time. I bought Trigger and have yet to use in a mix still. The samples are nice but like mentioned you have to learn them and tweak to fit in your mix. I remember when I got them, I thought they sucked so bad. I just could not make them sound right in my mixes. That all changed as i leaned how to tweak them to suit my needs. There is no magic drum sample that just works. Still worth the money though!!!

Do I owe you lunch yet? :lol:

Drumagog 4 is what i used for a long time. I bought Trigger and have yet to use in a mix still. The samples are nice but like mentioned you have to learn them and tweak to fit in your mix. I remember when I got them, I thought they sucked so bad. I just could not make them sound right in my mixes. That all changed as i leaned how to tweak them to suit my needs. There is no magic drum sample that just works. Still worth the money though!!!

Do I owe you lunch yet?

So what, your using Drumagog 4, with Slate Samples then? I figured there'd be some tweaking depending on what your doing, etc. I just didn't know what exactly Trigger included, or if there are samples that were better suited for metal, etc.

And honestly, I've been busy, so I couldn't tell you yet. = P

if you are a pro and have to rely on a working plugin i do not recommend you to buy trigger. stay with drumagog if it works.
i bought trigger ex and it crashes nuendo all the time. can´t use it.

if you don´t mind beta testing programs for this company then you could take a look at it. be sure to try the demo first.

edit: i think this belongs to the equipment section and there are already lost of threads concerning trigger and drumagog.