Slave Zero - The Pain Remits

borninblood

Let The Metal Flow
Sep 5, 2006
Belfast
www.borninblood.co.uk
Before even listening to this CD, I knew that this band demanded my, and any other listener’s attention. Unlike 90% of the unsigned band CDs floating about the world, this one is very professionally made, you can tell from the outset that they take the music seriously. This is a band, which love them or hate them, are going to be about for a long time, doing what they love.

Of course, that means nothing unless the music is up to scratch.

To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement, this album is tight, well recorded, and each song flows into the other, everything you want from an album.

When trying to pin them down to a particular sound, I eventually decided upon thrashy death, but that kind of sells them short, they have a sound unique to them and instantly likeable. The riffs are beefy, the drumming is on a par with anything on the market today, and the vocals are fantastic, going from a hardcore kind of styling to a deep death metal style guttural, even with some harsh black metal thrown in on occasion.

The standout track for me would have to be the third one on the album "Soul of Ruin", it’s a fucking melter, with a great guitar solo, and some excellent vocals.

At only 25 minutes long, the album leaves you wanting more, I will certainly be checking out their earlier releases on the strength of this material.