SLIPKNOT Sells Out Homecoming Show At IOWA STATE FAIR

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
SLIPKNOT has sold out its homecoming show at the Iowa State Fair. On August 10, a capacity crowd of 16,000 will pack the Grandstand for a historic moment, SLIPKNOT's first-ever show at the Des Moines, Iowa fairgrounds. The momentous performance will see SLIPKNOT celebrating the release of its long-awaited new studio album, set to arrive on August 9. "This is big for us," notes the band's percussionist M. Shawn Crahan. "I watched METALLICA, from the outside — I didn't have anyone to take me in. The fair is, and was always, about music — main stage, little stages, even little puppet stages. But there was livestock, agriculture, games — even the police had a presence there, showing crime scene photos to kids so they'd understand the world a bit better. It was chaos. As a kid, this was our internet. To have sold this out, this early, is intense." The Iowa State Fair concert will mark SLIPKNOT's first in Iowa since a Wells Fargo Arena appearance in August 2016. Crahan told the Des Moines Register that he recalled watching from behind the Grandstand fence marquee Iowa Jam shows from the 1970s and '80s, where acts like IRON MAIDEN and METALLICA performed. "I was too young for some of 'em, a little scared to come by myself," he said. "So I'd come down and act like I was doing things on the outside, but really just downloading the information." He added: "It's not only work and commerce; there's a lot of spirituality here for me," he said. "It's gonna be a really good time to play the fair and walk out and enjoy the fair." SLIPKNOT's upcoming disc will include the song "All Out Life", which was released last October. The track's accompanying video was directed by Crahan. SLIPKNOT's sixth album is once again being recorded at a Los Angeles studio with producer Greg Fidelman, who engineered and mixed SLIPKNOT's 2004 album "Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)" and helmed 2014's ".5: The Gray Chapter". SLIPKNOT's "Knotfest Roadshow" headline tour will take place in North America this summer. VOLBEAT, GOJIRA and BEHEMOTH will join as special guests on all dates. Produced by Live Nation, the 29-city outing will kick off July 26 in Mountain View, California at Shoreline Amphitheater and continue through September 8 where it will conclude with a performance at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands, Texas.
slipknotiowastatefair2019poster.jpg

Continue reading...