SLIPKNOT's COREY TAYLOR Ordered Not To Headbang Or Jump On Upcoming Tour

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
SLIPKNOT frontman Corey Taylor has been ordered by doctors to refrain from headbanging and jumping when the band kicks off its summer tour later this month. SLIPKNOT was forced to postpone the first two weeks of its North American trek with MARILYN MANSON after Taylor underwent what he described as "an unplanned spinal surgery." The trek, which also includes OF MICE & MEN in the opening slot, was supposed to kick off on June 9 in Salt Lake City but will now begin on June 28 in Nashville. In a brand new tweet, Corey revealed that his "follow-up appointment" with the doctor went "great," but added that "for now," there will be "no headbanging" or "jumping" for him for the foreseeable future. He went on to say: "But I'll sing my ass off." He also offered that he expects to be "back to 90 percent" within the next four to six months, and "100 percent" in a year. The summer trek is likely to be SLIPKNOT's last U.S. tour in support of its latest album, ".5: The Gray Chapter", which was released in October 2014. Following the tour, SLIPKNOT and BLACK SABBATH will co-headline the combined Ozzfest Meets Knotfest, a two-day festival scheduled for September 24-25 in San Bernardino, California.

Neck Update: follow-up appt w/ Dr was great! For now, no headbanging, jumping. But I'll sing my ass off. Back to 90% 4-6 months, 100%/year.

— Jalapeno Throat, LLC (@CoreyTaylorRock) June 22, 2016

Continue reading...