SLIPKNOT's JIM ROOT Talks About His 'Shovelhead' Tattoo (Video)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Fret 12 has uploaded video footage of SLIPKNOT/ex-STONE SOUR guitarist Jim Root talking about the origin of his "Shovelhead" tattoo. Check out the clip below. Root told Guitar World magazine in a 2014 interview that he had no desire to rejoin STONE SOUR and that some of its members were "only concerned about money." Root explained, "Some of the guys in STONE SOUR, I think they just want to be a radio band and write strictly for radio and try to be more of a poppy rock band. And that's not really what I'm into. There's at least one guy in the band that's only concerned about money. I really have no desire to associate with people like that anymore." Regarding his split with STONE SOUR, Root told Revolver magazine, "The band kept pushing for more dates, and I was just, like, 'It's time to stop!'"Root and SLIPKNOT singer Corey Taylor spent much of the last five years recording and touring behind three STONE SOUR studio records, including 2010's "Audio Secrecy" and the double concept album "House Of Gold & Bones".SLIPKNOT will launch a spring U.S. trek on April 25 in Fort Myers, Florida, ending on May 16 in Grand Rapids, Michigan.SLIPKNOT is touring behind its new album, ".5: The Gray Chapter", which came out in October 2014 and topped the Billboard album chart six years after the release of its predecessor, "All Hope Is Gone".

More...