Slipknot's Unreleased Debut

anonymousnick2001

World's Greatest Vocalist
Aug 10, 2003
I
Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat.

Has anyone heard this album? A lot of it isn't bad. Different singer, guitar solos, jazz, rap, funk, disco and a lot of other weird noncommercial shit on here.

Check it out at www.mfkr1.com.

Then, discuss...

i like it better than the newer Slipknot stuff. i'm still curious about Painface (the singers band after he left Slipknot).

it is different though.

I...ahem...stole the CD from the website and added a few of my own bonus tracks. I'm liking this stuff...

Mate Feed Kill Repeat was sort of released. I saw a bunch of copies of it at my local store, but they were going for $17.98. Hell no. It's easily their best though. I hate Corey, and his lyrics (especially on Iowa), are very sub-par.

I own it. its good but really shouldn't be re-released since some of the songs aren't barible, e.g. Killers are Quiet is like 9 minutes long and only 4 of those minutes is musical. Its a good album but really... should not be re-released since there are only 4 or 5 of the members in the current slipknot.

Edit - Well if they add some unreleased tracks from that session and whatnot then re-releasing it would be great. :D

edwardgein said:
I own it. its good but really shouldn't be re-released since some of the songs aren't barible, e.g. Killers are Quiet is like 9 minutes long and only 4 of those minutes is musical. Its a good album but really... should not be re-released since there are only 4 or 5 of the members in the current slipknot.

Edit - Well if they add some unreleased tracks from that session and whatnot then re-releasing it would be great. :D

Killers Are Quiet was actually re-recorded as the 14 minute title track from Iowa (the only song on that CD worth a damn).

I dun like Slipknot in any way, shape or form. I have heard the debut, and I didn't like it one bit. Slipknot aint worth jack shit.

they used to be my favorite band, but then i got into a lot of the more aggressive metal shit like slayer and sepultura, but i still think slipknot is an ok......i guess uh hardcore or nu-metal band, its hard for me to hate a band unless they are like thrice or hoobastank.

Well, Thrice are a whole fucking lot better than Hoobasuck.

Also, I agree with ffanatic that Corey's lyrics sucked on Iowa. How do you go from "My eyes are red and gold, the hair is standing straight up, this is not the way I pictured me," or "I'm not the second coming I'm the first wave--you better get an army cause the fire left me unscathed," "I can only die over time...only one of us walks away," "You can't kill me, I'm already inside you,"

TO...

"We all got left behind, I feel it all slipping away..." "I wanna slit your throat, and fuck the wound!" "PEOPLE = SHIT!!!"

Geez...not to mention his voice is kinda annoying...

anonymousnick2001 said:
Well, Thrice are a whole fucking lot better than Hoobasuck.

Also, I agree with ffanatic that Corey's lyrics sucked on Iowa. How do you go from "My eyes are red and gold, the hair is standing straight up, this is not the way I pictured me," or "I'm not the second coming I'm the first wave--you better get an army cause the fire left me unscathed," "I can only die over time...only one of us walks away," "You can't kill me, I'm already inside you,"

TO...

"We all got left behind, I feel it all slipping away..." "I wanna slit your throat, and fuck the wound!" "PEOPLE = SHIT!!!"

Geez...not to mention his voice is kinda annoying...

Well see, I never thought his lyrics were great to begin with, but at least in 870621345 he could regulate his curses so that they at least fit in some type of basic lyrical context. They sounded angry in the 870621345; they sound whiny in Iowa.

Yeah, they did sound angry on the s/t. OMG! "Nu-metal" *can* work!

You don't think there's something powerful about:

"I can only die over time!" or "Liberate my madness!"

I sure do. And Wait and Bleed could be interpreted as the musings of a person coming to grips with mortality after losing a friend. That's pretty deep.

ffanatic said:
Killers Are Quiet was actually re-recorded as the 14 minute title track from Iowa (the only song on that CD worth a damn).
Yup, and Gently was re-record as well, whihc kind of sucks since it was great on the "M.F.K.R." but they did make it darker which was a good thing.

Personally I love both albums, "Slipknot" and "Iowa", but the best one is certainly "Slipknot". :D

What did you like about Iowa? I thought it was a fucking gem at first, and a fucking train wreck in a month. No staying power. What do you like?