Slough Feg - Ape Uprising now streaming online

I liked Hardworlder more than most people I think, but this new one is definitely better. It really kicks some serious ass
Hardworlder definitely has its moments, but for some reason I found it a bit boring. This has been kicking my ass, though!

I knew there was a reason this post rang a bell! One of my best friends is taking a philosophy class being taught by their lead singer! At first I didn't believe her when she told me her teacher was in a rock band, but when she showed me one of his youtube videos, I was amazed. Kinda ironic. I guess rock stars who aren't really stars have to teach at the local community college to earn some extra cash.

Ahh, the possibilities for Slough Feg philosophy course titles.....

"The Philosophy of the Imperium, As Compared to the Solomani Rift, In the Last Days of the Empire's Collapse" :heh:

Old-school Traveller RPG player in the house! :lol:

I knew there was a reason this post rang a bell! One of my best friends is taking a philosophy class being taught by their lead singer! At first I didn't believe her when she told me her teacher was in a rock band, but when she showed me one of his youtube videos, I was amazed. Kinda ironic. I guess rock stars who aren't really stars have to teach at the local community college to earn some extra cash.

Extra cash? I think in Mike's case that's his only real source of income. There's no way he makes any real money off Feg, which is a shame.

I actually like Hardworlder more (I like that album a lot). But this is a good addition.

Anyone who doesn't like this band needs to stop listening to metal.

All of their albums are great. I actually like Hardwolder a whole lot, but I can't wait to listen to this one (gonna wait for a better quality version before I listen).

I listened to the full album now, I love the way they incorporate all the Irish folk / Thin Lizzy influences.

I still stand by my comment about the Twisted Sister comparison, although it's mainly in the vocals, haha.

I've got to buy this album when it comes out. Totally!

c.

This album is awesome. Seriously. I've been listening to Slough Feg since Traveller came out (thanks to an awesome metal message board over at GameFAQs for great recommendations...sadly that board is nowhere near as quality as it used to be). They are one of the best bands ever. Ever. History might ultimately forget them, but those who are tapped into true metal will recognize these guys as unsung heroes of the underground American metal scene.

Anyone who doesn't like this band needs to stop listening to metal.

All of their albums are great. I actually like Hardwolder a whole lot, but I can't wait to listen to this one (gonna wait for a better quality version before I listen).

How true, how true...