Sludgey/Doom content - "Duggah" - REVMKIII/BFD2 W/Evil Drums Expansion Pack

drew_drummer

Dancefap
Sep 7, 2008
London, UK
Hey all!

So, this is actually the first song where I played the drums live from a Roland TD-6, and did some vocals that weren't really the sort of thing I usually do. So um... that's the disclaimer for any crappiness you might hear!! :lol:

Anyway: Les Paul into a Fulltone OCD, then into RevalverMKIII - ACM900 amp if I remember correctly.

Drums are Evil Joe Baressi's "Evil Drums" expansion pack by Platinum Samples, loaded in BFD2.

Judicious usage of the Stillwell range of plugins.

Duggah

Comments appreciated.

My first impression: the guitars and kick could stand to come up quite a bit. The tone of everything works well, just levels that need to be addressed. Really enjoying the atmosphere of the track :)

~006

My first impression: the guitars and kick could stand to come up quite a bit. The tone of everything works well, just levels that need to be addressed. Really enjoying the atmosphere of the track :)

~006

Word. (+1)

I wouldn't be opposed to more OH or room verb on the snare.

Better, but the guitars could still stand to come up quite a bit, it's a drum show right now mang. You know...actually, just turn the drums, as a whole, down a bit. The guitar/bass/vocal mix sounds like it's good, it's just the drums that are louder than everything so just bring them down. If you want.

~006

Nice tone overall, but my guess is that this distortion does not goes very well with these drums. either add more reverb to the drum elements, or try a different impulse, maybe "impulsethisone", one of the Brohymn mesa's, or Krank?
I got a sludge/doom/post metal project and cannot decide what tone to use still.