SMASHING PUMPKINS' BILLY CORGAN Lands Job With Wrestling Organization

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, SMASHING PUMPKINS frontman Billy Corgan has landed a position as senior producer, creative and talent development at TNA Wrestling, where he'll be responsible for, among other things, developing characters and creating storylines for TNA's "Impact Wrestling", which airs Fridays at 9:00 p.m. ET on Destination America.Corgan said in a statement: "Saying I'm humbled and honored by this opportunity to be part of TNA, a world-class wrestling organization, is an understatement and a dream come true. What's great is the entire TNA organization stands in full support of my music life with the SMASHING PUMPKINS."TNA president Dixie Carter said: "I've known Billy for years and have always been blown away by his musical artistry, as well as his knowledge and understanding of professional wrestling. He has always impressed me with his creativity and passion for our business."Corgan resigned last year as creative director for Resistance Pro Wrestling, saying in a statement at the time that the organization "was no longer the company I thought I’d helped build from the ground up."Corgan and the PUMPKINS will embark on an eight-city acoustic tour starting on June 15 in Buffalo, New York, to be followed by a full co-headlining trek with MARILYN MANSON that starts on July 7 in Concord, California.

More...