"SMG Fake Drums Challenge" anyone?

DIYistkrieg

Jul 2, 2017
Italy
www.youtube.com
Hi everyone!
Have you heard of Glenn's challenge to replace real drums with fake ones and make them sound as real as possible?
If not, here's a link to the video explaining everything, unfortunately the contest's over, so no more entries are allowed.
I partecipated, you can hear my entry here (any feedback would be appreciated)

I was wondering how many of you did it as well, feel free to share your entries, let's hear what we got!
Good luck to everybody!

Hello,
I did as well but I used his real drums as I want to work on real stuff.

-----------------------------------------
Kozi Records
Mixing and Mastering.
If you wish me to work on your music for LP, EP or Demo album. Please contact me via email or through Facebook page

But wasn't the point of the challenge to make fake drums sound like real ones?o_Oo_O
I know what you are saying but I am working with too many of fake drums then like he said in the video have a chance to work on real ones. That what I did. I am not after any price or so. It is just a fun bit :)

I know what you are saying but I am working with too many of fake drums then like he said in the video have a chance to work on real ones. That what I did. I am not after any price or so. It is just a fun bit :)

I understand the struggle! I'm also stuck with fake drums, at least until I get my hands on a real studio...

Reactions: Kozi

I transposed all drums to SSD, then bounced each track and used Trigger on the kick, snare and toms. From there I added a small amount of reverb to each track just to get them sounding more like the originals which had a bit of room ambience on the dry tracks. No outboard was used other than on the master bus which was sent to my Hairball Rev F 1176. I only have one unit so I split the stereo bounce into mono tracks and send them individually. Not ideal, but at least I know each channel is perfectly matched! For reference tracks I used Black Sabbath's, 13 album.