Snare sample from my latest Production

crillemannen

Jun 20, 2007
www.studiohaga.net
Hello,

I wanted to share a snare sample with you from my latest production. Listening to the sample now makes me regret i didn't do more hits. It is 6hits in the .tci file, but only hard hits. Recording chain:
sm57 and a AudioTechnica ATm450 --> Crane Song Spider --> SSL Alphalink. Processed with my SSL hardware comp in PT.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12967127/Imminence Snare.rar

And if you like to check out the production you can go to www.studiohaga.net It is the second clip on the player: Imminence - The deceiver. 4 more samples added in the mix but the real snare really comes through quite a bit.

Or the whole EP on Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/track/2Xecssw8Pt8JDHW64zSIzK

Quite happy with this one. Allot of snare comes from the OH, which i only highpassed to 80hz. Kind of funny played around with the session the other day and HP the OH a bit more and then all of the body of the snare disappeared haha. I don't think i ever experienced such a radical difference before by simply changing the HP.

Feel free to ask anything about the production. The guitars are JSX, kind of my favorite for riff-metal these days, uber tight. With a marshall 1960 with greenbacks. 2 sm57, fredman style.

Hope you like both the snare and production.

/ Christian

thanks bro!!!! TCI's are always much appreciated! =D

.....but I feel for the guys who don't have Trigger. YOU SHOULD. =D

Dude, can you post more info about the JSX setup? are you running 6l6 or el34? did you try it with v30's or just go straight to the greenbacks?

i've been messing with my 333xl the past week or so and would like to get some ideas.

Dude, can you post more info about the JSX setup? are you running 6l6 or el34? did you try it with v30's or just go straight to the greenbacks?

i've been messing with my 333xl the past week or so and would like to get some ideas.

I got 6l6 in the JSX, no boost and I used the third channel. I bought the Marshall not that long ago so i wanted to try it. So i never tried the Mesa on this session because the Marshall sounded awesome to begin with.

And sorry guys I don't think i got the .waves left. Buy slate trigger damn it!!! It is awesome

I got 6l6 in the JSX, no boost and I used the third channel. I bought the Marshall not that long ago so i wanted to try it. So i never tried the Mesa on this session because the Marshall sounded awesome to begin with.

And sorry guys I don't think i got the .waves left. Buy slate trigger damn it!!! It is awesome

i find the mids to be kind of strange, what are your thoughts?