So apparently, football players are dumber than I thought

While we are on the topic of OT.
Thoughts on changing the rules?

I have thought for the longest time that the NFL should adopt the College format...or atleast something similar. Like when a team scores, atleast allow the other to receive a kickoff and have thier own possession. The length of games and endurance would be in question...but I simply feel if both teams earn a overtime then both should equally have a shot at it. Most teams don't even get the chance to touch the ball in OT.

Good point. Although if your D is good, they can stop the O and get a chance. But I remember a game this year (I think) where on the first play of overtime, Favre threw a LONG pass which was caught and run in for a TD. That was amazing! The D only had one chance to stop that drive, and they missed it.

The NFL has said once this number goes over 50% they would consider a change. Regardless, I think they have relied on the stats too much on this topic. Stats are for the players and contract negot.s...rules are for the game. It should be changed for reasons of fairness, common sense and equality. I'm not saying thier is an exact solution and my suggestions are the correct ones. Decide on a rule that makes sense and to hell with how the stats playout in regards to a rule, be it old or new.

Good point. Although if your D is good, they can stop the O and get a chance. But I remember a game this year (I think) where on the first play of overtime, Favre threw a LONG pass which was caught and run in for a TD. That was amazing! The D only had one chance to stop that drive, and they missed it.

That was against Denver. Fucking ace.

Thats kinda my point...be it one play or multiple plays, good or bad, only one defense or offense for that matter was displayed. Each teams offensive and defensive units should atleast see the field once and have a say in OT, just like they have done it for the previous 60 min.s.

Word, they should follow the college format only in the sense that both teams get a chance on offense. Make them kickoff (or just have the ball at their 20) and make them drive to score. Whoever has the most points out of the set of possessions wins.

Mathiäs;7811329 said:
That was against Denver. Fucking ace.

LOL...I must have missed the game when the Jets played Denver and Favre threw a long pass in OT to win it...

You idiot....The fucking Jets didn't even play Denver yet....