So does anyone want to collaborate?

JonWormwood

Jun 16, 2007
Jax, Fl
I'm getting all my stuff together finally again :headbang: so I want to start recording/writing and just fucking rockin' out. My other guitarist went acoustic on me so it's not very much trying to be :kickass: with him when we are playing elevator acoustic.

I can play a mean rhythm, decent at lead, and you can hear vocals here.

http://www.nowupload.com/:m2e

Sorry if they are too deep into the mix, I was proving some guy wrong that I can get a decent tone for nothing vs. his MkIV. :lol:

I'm just itching to make some music. I'm not too picky on style, PM me and we'll go from there I suppose.

I'd LOVE to throw a lead on something when you get something together...
you can check out my playing in my sig if you want.
myspace.com/cadaveryne
Sounds like a fun idea.

Same here on all counts, except the url for me is www.myspace.com/marcushedwig or www.soundclick.com/marcusmusic - for my all-out shred chops, check out "Song for my Parents," and for a more metal sound, check out the solos I did for "Racing the Night." A sneap-forum collab. would be so tits!

This is a great idea. There should definitely be more collaborating going on around here considering the amount of good musicians gathered in this small corner of the internet. Only good things could come of it.

Not sure if anyone has checked out ninjam before but it's coded by Justin, the brain behind reaper. It would allow hashing out of ideas between collaborators before tracking the songs. It has native reaper support and allows you to use plugins and have multiple tracks per user. That means amp sims + impulses, drum samplers etc..

htp://www.ninjam.com

EDIT: Each user is also able to create their own mix of the current session in progress.

I can put down some Paul Gilbert to Zakk Wylde'ish leads if needed.

This is a great idea. There should definitely be more collaborating going on around here considering the amount of good musicians gathered in this small corner of the internet. Only good things could come of it.

Not sure if anyone has checked out ninjam before but it's coded by Justin, the brain behind reaper. It would allow hashing out of ideas between collaborators before tracking the songs. It has native reaper support and allows you to use plugins and have multiple tracks per user. That means amp sims + impulses, drum samplers etc..

htp://www.ninjam.com

EDIT: Each user is also able to create their own mix of the current session in progress.

Awesome, I will check this out.

EDIT: Does this work with other DAW's i.e. sx3?

I can put down some Paul Gilbert to Zakk Wylde'ish leads if needed.

:worship: Golbert and early Zakk are some of my favorite playing. Do you have any samples?

The link you posted doesn't work for me...but I could play some leads if you want.
Check my sig for samples.

It's working over here, do you want me to upload it anywhere else?

Yo!
Just recorded some halfassed/sloppy-as-f*ck improvs(First Gilbert-style then Wylde):

Gilbert / Wylde

Edit:
Oh, the reason the amps sound "wierd" is because i made this sounds to be used with my poweramp and 4*12, and not direct recording(Pod XT).
But it still sounds decent enough for a quick "demoing". :p

Great playing dude, especially the vibrato, but that single-coil tone, uggghhhhh :puke::puke::puke: all I hear when you do crazy fast picking is this squelching-squealing overtone sound - but when the tone changes to the chorused one, it's not as bad. As I said though, good playing man! (and Necromancer, I may not be able to shred like that, but I try to make up for it with melodic tasteful phrasing, so I'd love to contribute as well!)

Great playing dude, especially the vibrato, but that single-coil tone, uggghhhhh :puke::puke::puke: all I hear when you do crazy fast picking is this squelching-squealing overtone sound - but when the tone changes to the chorused one, it's not as bad. As I said though, good playing man! (and Necromancer, I may not be able to shred like that, but I try to make up for it with melodic tasteful phrasing, so I'd love to contribute as well!)

Thanks man! :)

Actually, its not singlecoil, its EMG 81/85 in the absolute first made model of Nick Catanese's Idol Series(That both Nick and Wylde has played on! :kickass:). :p
But I agree that it sounds like singlecoil, but thats how Gilberts sound is, and the whole point was that it should sound Gilbert.
Yeah, the chorused sound is made more for phat kind of overtones, like Wylde.