So...hell freezes over

M.Lehto

Jun 25, 2002
As Finland won the Eurovision Contest with Lordi... :lol:

helvetti_jaatyy.jpg

Haha, it's horrible, it really is. I'm not sure if Lordi or the people who actually voted should be scorned and laughed at. Though I guess Lordi "owned" the eurovision song contest in a way hehe

spaffe said:
Haha, it's horrible, it really is. I'm not sure if Lordi or the people who actually voted should be scorned and laughed at. Though I guess Lordi "owned" the eurovision song contest in a way hehe

fuck no this is great!

the song may suck a bit but its the closest thing thats come to metal in eurovision ever, its a victory for metal because thats who did the voting
all over europe lots of metalheads voting thier little phones off

and they won by a big margin!

I was heterosexual enough to NOT see it (was out drinking and hellbanging instea fyi - for free) but I think it röx :kickass: HARD! ROCK! HALLELUJA! oh yeah crappy pop with lots of makeup and hard! rock! geetahz

unhinged said:
fuck no this is great!

the song may suck a bit but its the closest thing thats come to metal in eurovision ever, its a victory for metal because thats who did the voting
all over europe lots of metalheads voting thier little phones off

and they won by a big margin!

If their performance was a "victory for metal" then I'd rather be on the losing side :ill:

I'd rather kids come to metal through Lordi than through Linkin Park, honestly. Of course their song is lame as it gets, but at least their victory is a good kick in the ant-farm of conventional rosewater bullshit that usually dominates this kind of event. If nothing else, maybe people will realize that there is a market for metal music and maybe the smaller actors of the scene will benefit from it somewhere down the line.

Screw the music, it was all terrible, the commentary won it for me, Terry told it like it was. Best moment being before the Croatian performance, when he said "Looks like this one is more fun to sing than it is to listen to..."

Classy.

Running since 1956, the Eurovision Song Contest is an annual televised song contest with participants from numerous countries whose national television broadcasters are members of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU). The Contest is broadcast on television and radio throughout Europe, in selected countries around the world, and on the Internet.