So I ordered ENGL SE, how do I use fx loops and stompboxes?

spycam

Ruination
Sep 12, 2006
www.ruination.lt
Hello,
Since I'm waiting for the goods to reach me i thought to try clearing something for myself.

Now, when I used Zoom G9 fx processor, it was easy for me to build patches and then use the pedals to switch them...
Can you explain me how do i use the fx of the zoom and stand alone stomp boxes like delay, EQ, wah, tuner, etc with the ENGL SE amp head when it has 3 fx loops, noise gate and reverb + z-15 midi footswitch to switch the channels/settings?

What's the correct connection line of the pedals so it's the easiest way to play them live?

I mean let's say I play clean guitar and them want to switch to gain channel and i switch the pedal on the footswitch and i got that, but if i then want to switch to lead tone? I will need to hit on the pedal on footswitch then i'll need to turn on the delay stomp box and then the wah too? So i'll need to click for 3 times with my leg? Sorry, it's just how i understand it will be working, or i am wrong?

Do i need to plug one cable to guitar, then plug it to a stomp box + other stomp boxes and after the last one the other cable goes to amp's hi or low gain input? I don't understand how to use those FX loops and do i need to use all 3 of them, etc... I mean how do i plug all the stomp boxes, do i plug them to fx loop or where? Where do i plug the guitar and how do i use the midi footswitch then?

I understand that, for each channel or setting, let's say i'll need 3 of them (clean guitar, high gain rhythm and high gain lead/solo).

So for cleans let's say i would need to use chorus pedal, for rhythm i will need EQ pedal and for leads i will need wah and delay pedals. Also, i will be using a tuner pedal.

So what is the correct way to plug those 3 different fx sets to 3 fx loops, then have a tuner to be used for all of them and also plug one guitar cable to the 3 setups???? I don't quite understand...

Could anybody explain me what is the sequence of plugging the things, what do i plug where, etc? Maybe there are some schemes somewhere on internet i could see and understand that better?

Thank you!

The only things that should be in front of your amps input are your tuner, overdrive, and wah type of pedals...eq also if you like the sound but it can go either way.
For everything else...read the handy manual engl provides you with:)

The only things that should be in front of your amps input are your tuner, overdrive, and wah type of pedals...eq also if you like the sound but it can go either way.
For everything else...read the handy manual engl provides you with:)

EQ's work better in the loop imo, because otherwise you're just changing the tone of your guitar, not the preamp.

Thats why I said "if you like the sound"...some guys are crazy enough to put one in front and in another the loop.

zoom? I said i don't want to use zoom, i have zoom and played it through a shitty combo, but now i ordered Engl SE to have a real tone, not simulation...