So I was fiddling around with firefox...

entanglement

Jan 30, 2006
France
..and I ended up with what I thought was a very neat, visible area-maximised and hugely more functional version of the thing, with far more focus on usability. I thought I'd package it and put it up for download if anybody wants to have the same config and I got a sweet response. These are the screenshots:

31985735vc4.jpg

17432432hv8.jpg

71613601gi0.jpg

It has a built in download manager extension, adblock plus, embedded video downloader, etc, plus its portable. And the user can add his/her own set of extensions if he pleases of course.

So.. give it a download (its around 14mb) and let me know if you think its a good mod. :headbang:

Download Link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/176326720/Firefox_X.rar

Just use Chrome if you're using a Windows OS. There is no bottom bar and the top bar is tiny. And there's no "full screen" because maximize = full screen essentially.

Yeah thats what I tried to achieve there. Chrome still lacks the ability to have add-ons added to it to add more features to it. That's why I've tried to give firefox the things that chrome can boast off about while being compared to FF.

For example, you can't add a blog-poster extension to Chrome but you can do that on a 'chromised' firefox. ;) Same goes for the download manager, attached proxy-handler, etc.

Yeah I'm waiting for them to come out with an extension-like thing for Chrome, but I like it better than FF at the moment regardless. Threaded browser = cool.

This post brought to you by the department of redundancy department.
'add-on' is a proper noun.. self descriptive or not. :p

Yeah I'm waiting for them to come out with an extension-like thing for Chrome, but I like it better than FF at the moment regardless. Threaded browser = cool.
Me too, and the threaded browser idea is cool. But firefox's session-restore makes sure crashes don't take away accidentally lost pages.

Me too, and the threaded browser idea is cool. But firefox's session-restore makes sure crashes don't take away accidentally lost pages.

Chrome has a session restore too, afaik...it's asked me if I want to bring back all the tabs/pages I had open when it crashed if it does crash, which is very not-often.

Not only does it do it when the browser crashes, but if the whole system crashes, it will ask. Like if I blue screened, it would ask me if I would like to return to what I had before. Firefox btw

I haven't had any problems with Safari while running it on Leopard, but I have the latest FF in case that ever fails.