So I'm reading the Simmons/Santana feud on Blabbermouth and..

Golden_Goose

Feb 9, 2003
Swamps of Jersey
Visit site
A guy posted the following :kickass:

COMMENT | rabbit
posted by : BreakerMetal
10/17/2005 9:48:46 AM
comments_right.gif
1ptrans.gif
1ptrans.gif

i have lots of respect for jazz musicianship. my uncle is an addict, so ive heard my share. BUT, as a longtime Metalhead. i will give due credit where its deserved. the Greatest guitarists walking the planet are the Creme of the Crop in the Metal world. ive always considered them to be the most versatile musicians there are. Most serious shredders play jazz, classical, true blues music. but have taken it to a Level most if not all traditional Jazz/Blues/Classical guitarists could never fathom. Metal guitar is for the most part 6 string gymnastics that guys like Santana won't give due credit because he knows that his stubby little fingers dont have the ability.

SHOUT OUT to Chris Broderick of Jag Panzer. Brilliant , Mega talented and HUMBLE metal guitarist .. we need more like this dude

Metal reigns

and I replied

COMMENT | Rabbit!!
posted by : Golden_Goose
10/17/2005 10:51:35 AM

You're damn right about Chris Broderick from JAG PANZER!

He's an AWESOME guitarist and a damn cool guy?! \m/

GG, I've always felt the same way. Not only are most metal guitarist classically/jazz trained, but they are very sound musically. So many guys couldn't touch yesterdays metal guitar heroes, much less some of the guys today.

Great post! And yes, Chris does rule!

Aias said:
GG, I've always felt the same way. Not only are most metal guitarist classically/jazz trained, but they are very sound musically. So many guys couldn't touch yesterdays metal guitar heroes, much less some of the guys today.

Great post! And yes, Chris does rule!

Speaking of yesterday's guitarists...........I was shocked when I heard that the band Y&T (Dave Meniketti) was playing at a small club ONLY 2 miles from my house 2 weeks ago:eek:

I had to go and check them out as I've been a fan for a longtime but have never seen them. I must say they exceeded my expectations and Dave really can shred too!

I hung around afterwards with my son's guitar:D and the entire band signed it for me:headbang:

The guitar is now MINE:devil: and while it's a "no frills" one I told my son i'd replace it with possibly a cheaper Fender or something.

i'm going to see the mighty SAXON (2 shows here in early Nov.) and I'd like to buy a guitar for them to sign:cool:

i'm a huge NY JETS fan and have alot of autographed stuff and I'm moving on to my fav bands \m/

I hope my buds from JAG would sign one too.